Untitled Part 25

Oliver leaned back in his chair at his desk with a smile on his face. His day had gone so much better than expected. The calls he had were productive and based on the numbers that were coming in so far, the company was profiting from it. He had also just finished his last call with the people that meant the most to him and Felicity. He felt it was time that they shared their good news with everyone, so tonight at the dog park they would announce their engagement.

He pulled his inbox toward him as he read and signed the memos that had been piling up over the last couple of days. Now that things were finally right between him and Felicity, he found he could concentrate on work.

His lips twitched as he thought of her this morning, frustrated as she blew a piece of hair out of her face and tackled the laundry. She had looked so cute and he found himself thinking of her doing the same thing when her belly was sticking out.

He picked up his phone and pulled up her name and sent her a text. Just wanting to make her smile.

O: You busy?

F: Nope. Just working out the kinks on that app I am doing for the City. Who knew that creating a benefits app would take so long?

O: ::smiley face emoji::

F: What's up?

O: Just wanted to check on you and see how you are feeling.

F: No nausea, so yay me.

O: I have a surprise for you this evening, but you can just dress casual.

F: Can you give me a hint?

O: Nope

F: Just a small one?

O: Nope

F: You know I hate surprises.

O: You just say you hate surprises when you secretly love them. You really hate the wait.

F: ::rolling eyes emoji:: I forget you know me too well.

O: ::grinning emoji:: Be ready when I get home.

F: Yes Sir.

Oliver laughed out loud because he could hear the sarcasm in her words. He could not wait for tonight.

***

A couple of hours later Felicity closed her computer with a soft click and ran a hand over her face. She had a productive day, but she had a headache. Some of the code she had created with causing a glitch in the app she was currently creating and so far, a work around had not corrected it. She needed a break, so she stood and stretched, her hand gently rubbing her stomach.

Her stomach grumbled loudly, and she realized she had completely worked through lunch. "Precious, you must be starving."

She walked into the kitchen and pulled out some crackers, cheese and a bottle of water. She thought about making some lunch, but she had been feeling a little queasy so for now she was sticking to crackers with cheese.

She sat on the couch with her snack and her water munching as she propped her feet up on the coffee table. Oliver had mentioned they would be walking the dogs to the park tonight and Felicity smiled. She was looking forward to it. Her scheduled had worked out to where she did not have any appointments for walks today so she was looking forward to going to the park. It was her favorite place to just relax.

She heard a key in the lock and set her plate on her tummy as Oliver walked in the door. He grinned when he saw her.

"Is this what I have to look forward to coming home to for the next few months?"