Chapter Eleven: Secrets

Everyone was talking at once as Isobel tried her best to time out the voices around her. Taza had arrived at her house less than ten minutes after EZ had called him and of course he didn't come alone. Isobel could feel Marcus' eyes on her as she pinched the bridge of her nose, praying the headache she could feel forming would disappear soon.

The men sitting in her kitchen kept talking their voices growing louder with each word that fell from their mouths, and Isobel was just appreciative that EZ had offered to take Nina out of the house until the MC left. She didn't want to worry her daughter unless absolutely necessary.

"Bella," Marcus spoke lowly into Isobel's ear. "you alright?" He asked with concern in his voice as he placed a hand on the brunette's jean clad thigh.

Isobel hummed her response as her brown eyes looked down at Marcus' hand on her thigh. She felt a sense of calm take over her body as his hand stayed firmly on her thigh, she had been trying to stay calm since the flowers were delivered to her house but the fake smile she had put on her face for her brother and everyone else was starting to crack.

"Who the fuck else could it be?" Angel asked with anger clear in his voice. "If it ain't Galindo doin' this to keep us in line then it's gotta be that asshole." He spat as he leaned against the counter with a scowl on his face.

"We took care of that." Taza said in a low voice as he sent a glare towards the older Reyes brother.

Isobel's forehead furrowed in confusion at Taza's words as she stared at her older brother. "What are you talking about hermano?" The brunette stood up from the couch already missing Marcus' hand on her thigh as she walked over towards her brother.

Silence immediately took over the small house as Isobel stood in front of her brother with her arms across her chest. The Romero female could see the conflict on her brothers face as he remained silent for a few minutes, trying to think of a way to answer her question. Taza wanted to tell her the truth, but he wasn't sure if she could handle it.

"I'm fucking waiting." The brunette hissed.

"Javier showed up to the clubhouse a few weeks back." Taza began, watching as a wave of emotions crossed Isobel's face before it went blank. "He was claiming some bullshit about wanting to see you and Nina, saying he wanted to finally meet his daughter." A bitter laugh left Taza's mouth.

"I told him to fuck off and never come back, but you know he's never been good at listening. The asshole came back a week later with Vatos Malditos. I told El Palo to keep him away from you and Nina and stay outta Santo Padre, but now you're getting these flowers and notes." The older Romero sibling said with a sigh.

"That day you called me to go to the clubhouse and no one was there?" The brunette questioned as she recalled the day a week ago when Taza demanded she go to the clubhouse after a long shift at the hospital.

"Yeah." Taza nodded. "We went to go meet with -." He confirmed.

"Get the fuck out." Isobel's voice was eerily calm as she spoke but there was a fire raging inside of her.

"Is." Bishop spoke, trying to defuse the situation before it went any further.

"No!" Isobel shouted while shaking her head. "You kept this from me." Her brown eyes were full of rage as she looked at her brother. "You all kept this from me." She said while looking at the men in her house who at least had the decency to look ashamed. "Get the fuck out." Isobel said slowly through clenched teeth.

"I get that you're mad, but someone has to stay with you." Bishop said, his voice soft yet firm.

"I'll do it primo." Marcus said.

Isobel looked at Marcus, her face softening a bit as their brown eyes connected. She quickly looked away from him and stomped her way down the narrow hallway towards her bedroom. Isobel swiftly pulled her jeans off once she shut her bedroom door and crawled into bed wiry tears in her eyes.

¥¥¥

The sun was setting as Isobel woke up, the memories of earlier in the day hit her like a truck as she laid in the quietness of her room. It would be ideal for her to stay there for a while but she had a life and a daughter to take care of. "Fuck." The brunette said as she rushed out of the bedroom.

"Where's Nina?" Isobel asked once she reached the living room, her eyes immediately landing on Marcus sitting on the couch.

Alvarez stared at the brunette, his eyes lingering on her bare legs as he licked his lips and his body filled with desire. "She's stayin' at the clubhouse tonight." He finally answered while reluctantly removing his eyes from her long tan legs.

Isobel nodded as she felt her cheeks heating up at Marcus' gaze. While she was beyond mad at her brother and the rest of the MC, she knew they would do anything to keep her daughter safe.

"I'm gonna go put on pants." She mumbled as a laugh left Alvarez's lips, causing her cheeks to turn an even darker shade of red.

"I don't mind querida." He smirked while getting up off the couch and taking a few strides towards her, closing the distance between them.

Isobel swallowed as Marcus stood in front of her with a smirk on his face as he rubbed his thumb across her cheekbone. A strong desire was once again pooling between her thighs as he placed his free hand on her hip. Isobel wanted him, but he was confusing the fuck out of her. The night before he told her they couldn't and now he was standing in front of her, touching her with desire clear in his eyes.

"Don't." Isobel said softly as she removed Marcus' hands from her body. "We can't." She reminded him with disappointment in her voice as she turned on her heel and headed towards her bedroom.

A sigh left Marcus' lips as he watched Isobel walk down the hallway. He was an idiot for ever saying those two words to her.

________

Javier García(Diego Luna)

Javier García
(Diego Luna)