CH-6

****HARRY****

The first quidditch match of the season was coming up. It was supposed to be Slytherin vs Gryffindor but as Malfoy's arm was "HURT". They were playing against Hufflepuff instead. This was bad for Harry as he was looking forward to beating Malfoy in the game, but now he has to beat Cedric, the seeker of Hufflepuff.

"I bet he is doing this to get Hagrid fired." Seethed Ron.

"We know Ron," Hermione said. She was tired of Ron bickering all day.

It was the morning of the quidditch match and it was raining heavily. Oliver wasn't too happy about it. He didn't eat breakfast. "Its going to be a tough one." said Wood.

"Relax Wood, we don't mind a bit of rain." Said, Katie soothingly.

The team changed into their scarlet robes and waited for Woods usual pre-match pep talk, but it didnt come. He tried to speak several times, made an odd gulping noise, then shook his head hopelessly and beckoned them to follow him

Harry saw Madam Hoochs mouth form the words, Mount Your brooms. He pulled his right foot out of the mud with a squelch and swung it over his Nimbus Two Thousand. Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant — they were off.

The rain was really heavy and Harry was hardly able to see his teammates, let alone the tiny Snitch.

Soon Oliver called for a time out and Harry was glad he did. As soon as Harry landed, Hermione came rushing to him and took his glasses.

"Impervius!"

"There you go, now they will repel water." Said Hermione.

Harry hugged her, "Thanks Hermione, you are a lifesaver."

****DRACO****

Draco was watching Harry closely. He felt a pang of jealousy hit him when he saw Harry hug Hermione.

Did he just hug that mudblood? Why do I care anyway?

Soon the game started again.

"Oooh looks like Potter and Diggory have seen the snitch. There they go!" Said the commentator.

Suddenly Potter stopped and seemed to be losing consciousness. Then all of a sudden he slipped off his broom and started falling.

Draco stood up and screamed, " Harry!"

He hadn't even noticed that he had used his first name. Luckily no one other than Pansy and Blaise heard him due to the rain.

****HARRY****

Harrys eyes snapped open. He was lying in the hospital wing. The Gryffindor Quidditch team, spattered with mud from head to foot, was gathered around his bed. Ron and Hermione were also there, looking as though theyd just climbed out of a swimming pool.

"The match," said Harry. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?" No one said anything. The horrible truth sank into Harry like a stone.

"We didnt — lose?"

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George. "Just after you fell. He didnt realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. He wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" said Harry, suddenly realizing he wasnt there.

"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think hes trying to drown himself."

Then everyone left except Hermione and Ron.

He was thinking about what the Dementors had done to him about the screaming voice. He looked up and saw Ron and Hermione looking at him anxiously.

"Did someone get my Nimbus?"

Ron and Hermione looked quickly at each other.

"Er — "

"What?" said Harry, looking from one to the other.

"Well when you fell off, it got blown away," said Hermione hesitantly.

"And?"

"And it hit — it hit — oh, Harry — it hit the Whomping Willow."

Slowly, she reached down for a bag at her feet, turned it upside down, and tipped a dozen bits of splintered wood and twig onto the bed, the only remains of Harrys faithful, finally beaten broomstick.

"We can do something about it, Harry, I'm sure we can. For now just try to get some rest Harry, okay?"

Harry just nodded.

"Ok Harry, we have classes we will meet you during lunch." Said Ron.

"Ok bye."

And with that Harry went off to sleep.

A while later Harry woke up when he felt someone's presence next to him, but he didn't open his eyes yet.

The person was saying something but it was not audible.

Harry opened his eyes by a millimeter and saw that it was Malfoy.

Harry was shocked, He shut his eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep.

"Why am I even here?" Draco told to himself and left.

Harry had the urge to call him back and ask him a lot of questions but decided against it.

After Draco left Harry sat up and started thinking.

"Why did Malfoy out of all people come and visit me?"

But he just decided that he probably just came to see how bad Harry's injuries were and tease him, so went back to sleep.