CH-21

****HARRY****

Harry woke up to the smell of herbs and potions. He closed his eyes as soon as he opened it because of the sun shining directly in his eyes. It took him no more than a few seconds to realize that he was in the hospital wing, he had been there enough times, to memorize every single thing. The smell of brewing potions, that tingling sensation in his whole body and of course madam Pomfrey's pepper up potion that was lying on his bedside table right now.

He suddenly remembered what had happened. His hand went straight to his neck. He couldn't feel anything. When he looked down, he saw a red line running around his neck. The mark of that tie. Harry was confused. Why would Finn want to kill him? Was he working with someone else?

Harry had remembered Finn muttering something before the tie started to choke him, so he must have known, shouldn't he?

Harry was brought out of his thoughts when two people came rushing towards him.

"Harry!" Both Ron and Hermione said.

"Hey, guys," Harry said, but his voice felt too raw, and he had difficulty in speaking.

"Are you alright? Someone brought you here last night, Madam Pomfrey knows, but she won't tell us as that person doesn't want anyone to know."

Harry remembered those two silver eyes. He knew those eyes. Draco.

Harry just grunted.

"Finn is in head master's office right now. He says he doesn't remember anything, he doesn't even remember asking you out for the ball. Professor Dumbledore reckons he was under the imperius curse. Do you remember anything strange about Finn?"

Harry thought for a while. Then he spoke, even though it hurt him to do so.

"He was always strange, it was like he had no emotions. But I never knew him before he asked me for the ball. So I just assumed that he was strange. And his eyes were kind of glazed over, but when we went outside they went completely blank."

"All of the signs of a person under imperius," Hermione said, more to herself than anyone else.

All this while Ron didn't talk, he also avoided eye contact with Hermione.

"Did something happen? Why aren't you both talking to each other?"

They stayed quiet and avoided eye contact even more.

Harry remembered Ron's behavior from yesterday and asked, "Ron, why were you mad yesterday?'

Hermione spoke instead, "Ronald here, thinks that Victor asked me to the ball only to get to know more about you. He thinks I'm fraternizing with the enemy."

They both may be blind as a bat, but Harry knew what was going on. He knew that they both had feelings for each other and neither would admit it even if he told them. Ron felt jealous yesterday. So that was what caused that problem.

Harry just sighed and said, "Will you both please stop this silly feud. I don't want to see my best friends fighting when I am trying to recover."

They nodded and acted a bit better.

"So will this mark go away? Or will I have to live with it forever? I don't want another scar." Harry said.

"Madam Pomfrey said that it would take some time to fade. That tie was cursed. So it's not like a normal mark."

Harry hummed. "Don't you both have classes right now?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, it's time. We will come and visit you during lunch, alright Harry?"

Harry nodded and watched them rush to their class.

After the first class was over, he had another visitor. This time it was a certain blond Slytherin.

Draco came over and sat in the chair next to Harry's bed.

Harry smiled at him. "Thank you for saving me."

"No problem, Potter. Hope that makes up for all the time I bullied you." Draco said with a smirk.

"Oh, you already made up for that when you taught me how to dance and trust me, I was horrible at dancing," Harry replied.

"Well, all you learned was how to waltz. If you want, I can teach you more."

"Hmm, ok. Who knows, maybe dancing can save my life at some point." Draco laughed at that.

They just sat there, saying silly stuff and laughing. Draco ended up missing his second class. But he thought it was worth it.