CH 22

****HARRY****

Harry was in a hopeless situation. The second task was the next day, and he had no clue what would help him stay underwater for one whole hour. He had checked almost every single book in the library with Ron and Hermione, though Ron wasn't of much help. He is still in the library with Hermione.

Earlier Draco had suggested that they have a dance session in the evening, but Harry said he couldn't. He really wanted to go. It would have helped him calm down before the task and clear his mind, but how was he supposed to clear his mind when there was nothing in there in the first place. None of the books had what he needed. Even if he did find out a spell, how was he supposed to master it in such less time!?!?

Just then Fred and George emerged from behind some bookshelves.

"What're you two doing here?" Harry asked. "Looking for these two, said George. McGonagall wants Ron. And you, Hermione."

"Why?" said Hermione, looking surprised.

"Dunno . . . she was looking a bit grim, though, said Fred. Were supposed to take you down to her office," said George. Ron and Hermione stared at Harry, who felt his stomach drop. Was Professor McGonagall about to tell Ron and Hermione off? Perhaps shed noticed how much they were helping him, when he ought to be working out how to do the task alone?

Hermione shook Ron awake from his daydream, "Come on Ron, McGonagall needs us."

"We'll meet you in the common room, try to find at least something till then." With that, she left with Ron.

Harry did as said, he sat and searched almost every book he could find, but in the end, he somehow managed to fall asleep while reading.

NEXT MORNING

****DRACO****

Harry was nowhere to be found. All the champions were ready for the task. Granger and Weasley weren't around either.

"I'm going to go find Potter," Draco told Pansy in a hushed voice. And with that, he was off.

Draco recalled Harry telling something about going to the library yesterday.

He rushed to the library and found Harry sleeping on a book. Dobby was there, trying to wake him up. Dobby's face lit up when he saw Draco. Dobby was his friend. In the manor when he felt lonely he would sit and talk to Dobby, and when he was sad Dobby would bring him his favorite food and help him cheer up.

"Dobby!" Draco said.

"Young master Malfoy! Dobby is so happy to see you again." Dobby wobbled towards Draco and hugged his legs.

"It's good to see you too Dobby, I wish we could talk more but right now I'm in a hurry. Harry has to go to the second task."

"Yes! Dobby knows Master Draco, Dobby was trying to wake Mister Harry Potter too. Dobby has to give this."

"What is that Dobby?"

"It's gillyweed, sir. To make Harry Potter breathe underwater. Would master Draco give it to Harry Potter? Dobby has a lot of work in the kitchens."

Draco remembered using gillyweed for making some potions. "Alright Dobby, I will give it to him, you can go."

Dobby went with a pop.

Draco then tried waking Harry up. After some poking, he finally woke up.

"Draco? What are you doing in my dorm- oh, yea I didn't go back last night."

"Harry you have to go! The task starts in around ten minutes, all the champions are ready."

The realization hit Harry, he started to panic. "B-but, I haven't found a way to breathe underwater, what am I going to do? Maybe I should just quit, no one wants me competing anyway-"

Draco pulled Harry into a bone-crushing hug. "I have read that human touch helps to reduce anxiety. Now calm down. Don't say a word. You are going to compete."

Draco pulled back to look at Harry's face, which had turned a light shade of pink.

"Here, this will help you." Draco said handing over the gillyweed.

"What is this?"

"It's gillyweed, it helps you breathe underwater. Dobby came here to give it to you, but you wouldn't wake up and he had to work, so he told me to give it to you."

"Are you sure? Will it work?"

"Are you doubting the potions expert?" Draco asked pretending to be offended by pulling back and keeping a hand on his heart.

"NO, no... alright. How did Dobby know this?"

"Dunno, you will have to ask him. Now run!"

Harry took off in a second. Draco went back to the crowds slowly with a smile on his face.

"What took you so long? Potter came here before you, and you missed the amazing transformation! He looked like a bloody fish, it was hilarious!" Pansy said.

Draco just shrugged and waited along with everyone for the champions to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update, I was just too busy since school started again. Also please go check out "Human.A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction" by @hometown_smiles. It's an awesome book!💗

Thank you!!

-G