CH-15

****HARRY****

Harry was on his way to DADA, alone, Ron was still having breakfast while Hermione had gone to Professor Vector to clear some doubts. He was walking down the almost empty corridor when he saw two figures standing not too far. Upon walking a bit more, he saw that it was Cho and Cedric. Not wanting to intrude, Harry swiftly hid behind a pillar. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but the corridor was extremely silent.

"...I'm working in the second task's clue but no avail. Um... Cho, I wanted to ask you something... uh... would you like to go to the ball with me?"

At this, Harry felt jealousy and hatred for Cedric running through his veins. He listened on, praying that Cho would refuse.

"Uh...Yeah sure, why not."

Cedric grinned and said," See you during the ball then." He then went the other way. Cho stood there for a moment, blushing, then she went too. Luckily she didn't see Harry behind the pillar. Harry then went to the Gryffindor common room as he must have already missed half of his DADA class.

His mind was working a mile in a minute. What was he going to do? He had to have a partner since he was a champion. After a minute he saw Ron come in with a mortified look. Ginny was trying to console him.

"What happened to him?" Harry asked.

He — er — just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him, said Ginny. She looked as though she was fighting back a smile, but she kept patting Rons arm sympathetically.

You what? said Harry.

I dont know what made me do it! Ron gasped again.

What was I playing at? There were people — all around — Ive gone mad — everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall — she was standing there talking to Diggory — and it sort of came over me — and I asked her!.

Ron moaned and put his face in his hands. He kept talking, though the words were barely distinguishable. She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didnt even answer. And then — I dunno — I just sort of came to my senses and ran for it.

"I didn't ask her...Cho. And won't be asking her either way." Harry said.

Ron stopped whining and stared at Harry with wide eyes.

"What!?!? You didn't ask her!?! Why??" He asked.

"Um...well, she already has a date," Harry said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"You didn't ask her, right? Then how do you know?" Ron asked confused.

"Um, let's just say that I overheard Diggory asking her, and she said yes," Harry said, trying not to show his face to Ron.

Ron's face fell. "Sorry about that mate.."

Harry just shrugged. He was wracking his brain, trying to think of anyone who would go with him to the ball. Finally, he gave up. He sighed and asked Ron, "Wanna go for dinner now?" He shook his head no and went up to the dorms.

Harry nodded and went to the great hall to clear his mind. On his way to the great hall, he saw Malfoy going towards the hall. Harry was going to turn and go the other way, but he was too late. Malfoy had looked up and he saw Harry. Malfoy waved his hand at Harry, Harry waved back, unsure of why Malfoy was waving instead of sneering.

"I am here to ask you if you will be my friend."

Harry gasped. "How did I ever forget about that?" Harry told and mentally slapped himself. Harry put on one of his crooked smiles and walked up to him.

"Hey, Malfoy."

"Draco. Call me Draco, Harry," Draco said, smiling.

Harry felt something shift inside him when he saw that beautiful smile.