CH-10

****HARRY****

Leaning against the carriage window, Harry could see Hogwarts coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Once they reached, Harry, Ron, and Hermione slipped and slid across the entrance hall and through the double doors on the right. Oh hurry up, Ron moaned, beside Harry, I could eat a hippogriff. The words were no sooner out of his mouth than the doors of the Great Hall opened and silence fell. Professor McGonagall was leading a long line of first years up to the top of the Hall. After sorting, Dumbledore got to his feet and said," I have only two words to tell, Tuck in!"

Aaah, ats better, said Ron, with his mouth full of mashed potato.

Hermione refused to eat when Nearly Headless Nick told them about the house-elves in Hogwarts.

So! said Dumbledore, smiling around at them all. Now that we are all fed and watered, (Humph! said Hermione) I must once more ask for your attention, It is my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year.

A wave of whisper broke out in the great hall. All of the quidditch players looked crestfallen. This had affected Harry the most, his only distraction from his stressful life was quidditch.

Dumbledore went on, This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers time and energy — but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year.

****DRACO****

Draco was not surprised at all. After all his father had told him all about it. But, what actually surprised him was that the quidditch match was canceled. The yearly quidditch matches were his only chance to face off with Harry. He looked over to the Gryffindor table to find Harry looking disheartened.

When Dumbledore told them about the Triwizard Competition, Harry looked confused rather than surprised. That is when it hit Draco that Harry was raised by muggles and that he wouldn't know anything about Triwizard Competition.

"Now most of you might know that the Triwizard Competitions were discontinued due to the high rate of death toll. However, our own departments of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt. We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that this time, no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger.

Im going for it! Fred Weasley hissed his face lit with enthusiasm at the prospect of such glory and riches.

Draco smirked, he knew what Dumbledore would say next. He wanted to see the Weasley's face.

Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts, he said, The heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age — that is to say, seventeen years or older — will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion.

Several people made noises of outrage at these words, and the Weasley twins were suddenly looking furious.

The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!

Draco got up immediately got up and went off to his dorm. He didn't want to be late for the first day.

****HARRY****

"What a shame," Harry said as they headed towards the Gryffindor common room.

They cant do that! Were seventeen in April, why cant we have a shot? Fred and George continued bickering and glaring at Dumbledore.

"I wonder who this impartial judge is," said Hermione thoughtfully.

"Who knows, It's not like we are going to participate anyway. I just want to go and sleep as soon as possible, I'm exhausted." Harry said, yawning.