CH-11

****HARRY****

"So far so good, maybe there are no dangers this year after all," Harry said.

"Yeah seems pretty good to me, we can all watch the tournament too, it's just great."

"Hey, that doesn't mean that we don't have the end of year tests. Only the champions get to skip it." Hermione said.

"Yeah, yeah, Hermione, we know that, but the year just started. Give it a rest will you?" Ron asked.

Hermione just rolled her eyes and continued walking.

When they arrived in the entrance hall, they found a large crowd of students congregated there, all-around a large sign that had been erected. Ron, the tallest of the three, stood on tiptoe to see over the heads in front of them and read the sign aloud to the other two:

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 oclock on Friday the 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast."

Brilliant! said Harry. Its Potions last thing on Friday!"

"Only one week away? I wonder if anyone from Gryffindor is going to participate." Hermione said.

Harry and Ron just shrugged.

****DRACO****

Draco was extremely frustrated. He wanted Harry's attention, but Harry only noticed him when he annoyed the other. Draco was never desperate, but now he was. He had fallen hard and couldn't get up. There was only so much his friends could do for him. He didn't eat much because every time he goes to the great hall he would be lost. He kept staring at Harry, while the shorter boy kept talking to his friends, not even glancing at him. Every time Harry smiles Draco feels his heart clench.

No matter what I do, Harry will only hate me. I can never be the reason he smiles. After everything I have done to him, I'm a fool for even hoping he would notice me. And even if he does notice it would only lead to more problems. My father would make his life and my life a nightmare, he already has too many problems to deal with, I don't want to increase his problems. Maybe I should stop getting my hopes high.

Pansy noticed Draco's depressed look. "What happened Dray?"

"Nothing Pansy, I'm just not that hungry."

"Draco, you haven't eaten anything since morning. And the delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving today. You don't want to look all gloomy in front of other school kids."

"You're right Pansy, this year is gonna be an exciting one. I should focus on the tournament and not on Ha-" Draco stopped himself before he could say more.

"Aha, so it's about Potter, isn't it? Why don't you go tell him already?" Pansy asked casually.

"Pansy, you don't know what this is about. Do you think he would even accept the idea of me being friends with him after what I have done to him and his friends, let alone lovers." Draco said trying not to lose his temper.

Pansy didn't say anything. She just kept a comforting hand on Draco's shoulder.

But what Draco didn't notice was another person staring at him.

****HERMIONE****

Hermione was keeping an eye on the Slytherin with blonde hair for about a week. She was growing fond of him in an unexpected way.

What am I doing? No, I can't do this. What would Harry and Ron say? I have to shut these feelings away.

But while watching Draco, she had noticed other things. Something was troubling him deeply and he seemed to be zoning off more often.

"Hey Harry, do you think something is wrong with Dr-Malfoy?"

That was a close one, but I don't think Harry noticed.

"I don't know Hermione, and why do you care? Lately you have been noticing whatever Malfoy does."

"I just want to make sure he is not gonna create trouble for us. Since it seems like a pretty good year I don't want Malfoy to spoil it for us." Hermione lied coolly.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, what I'm excited about is the Tournament. They are going to choose the champions tomorrow right? I hope the Hogwarts champion is a Gryffindor." Harry kept talking about the tournament but Hermione barely heard a word, she was in her own world.