Training - Day 1 - Part 2

Skye cowers behind her older brother as the elevator doors swing open revealing the large training room before them. Before they can even take a step in, a boy rushes past the elevator, yelling loudly as he did so. He stops right in front of the careers, and stares at each one individual.

"You're pretty," He says to the girl from one, and for a moment the girls eyes widen for a moment and then she whispers something to her brother, who just laughs.

"What about me," The large girl from two says, taking a step forwards.

"No, no you're big," The boy said and began laughing, causing Skye and Joseph to stare in shock, it's suicide to threaten the careers, what is wrong with this boy? Tears well up in the girl from twos eyes as the other careers begin to laugh, and she approaches the boy.

"That was a mistake kid!" She shouts and then full on kicks him in the knee. The boy screams loudly and collapses to the floor and the girl stomps on his knee again. There are shouts from across the room and peacekeepers come out of nowhere to pull the large girl off of the small boy, and then he is lifted onto a stretcher. For a moment the two tributes from five just watched the boy get whisked away to the infirmary, every head in the room turned to watch the screaming boy on the stretcher, until he finally disappears through the door. Skye whimpers out loud as her brother takes her hand and leads her into the room, but he seems to ignore her cries. Joseph had told her they were going to start at the survival station, but before they could even get any further, a girl storms over to the careers from the ropes station, the District Partner of the boy, with the girl from twelve trailing behind her.

"What the fuck what that for?" She says as she approaches the careers, "The kid has fucking down syndrome, he can't help what he did,"

"Do you want to end up in the infirmary like him?" The girl from two said, and the boy's district partner scoffed.

'What? Are you gonna eat me?" She says, and the rest of the careers break out into laughter again, more tears pouring out of the District Two girls eyes.

"Fuck all of you!" She shouts, and storms over to the bathrooms. Skye didn't realize she had been staring until the girl from four stated staring back at her, and she turned away only to find Joseph wasn't there. She scanned the room for him and spotted him walking over to the infirmary. Skye laughed but didn't follow him, he had never met a person as nice as her brother. It's too bad her days of spending time with him were almost over.

Yasmin hand't noticed when the last tributes from Eight and Ten entered the room, all she could think about was killing the careers, every last one of them. Why the fuck would Arthur join those idiots? She slashed out at another dummy, her katana slicing it's head right off. Each dummy she attacked, she pictured one of the careers in it's place, including Arthur. The kid was a traitor to outer Districts. He deserved to die.

"I see you resent the careers," A voice says as she stabs another dummy right in the heart while staring at Byron who was sitting alone on the bench, staring at Arthur with resent in his eyes. Without thinking she spun around, slashing her katana out at the person behind her, and came face to face with the boy from eight, her katana inches away from his chest.

"Woah, calm down," He says as she lets the katana fall to her side. The boy was allot taller than she was, and he had dark shaggy hair and blue eyes.

"What do you want," She says, turning around and examining the katana in her hands.

"You're hatred of them," He says, appearing beside her, staring at the careers who were sitting and laughing. Yasmin had seen the fat one from two leave the room crying after she injured the disabled boy from eleven. How could anyone be so cruel.