Always Watch Your Back! - Day Eight

When Kelsey wakes up, she feels as if her throat is on fire. She hasn't had a drink in about a day and a half, and if she doesn't get moving soon, she was going to die. The problem is, she has no idea which direction the centre of the arena was. She did when she first left the house that Helena passed in, but after falling asleep that night, she completely lost her sense of direction. It didn't help that the game makers kept setting mutts on her, so far, she has managed to escape each mutt, but she wasn't sure she was strong enough to run if another one attacks. She silently slides out of the tree she had slept in, and lands on the ground smoothly, before standing up. It was still dark out, which was good. She didn't want to be caught by any other tributes, as most of the tributes who are left where the strong ones. The other thing she needed was food, and there seems to be no place to get some out here in this bloody wasteland. Which means she needs to find the centre. But how? She has no way of telling which way it was, and she has no idea how to tell direction using the sun. That's when she spotted her. The girl from District Three, was loudly stomping her way towards the east, if Kelsey had taken a few more steps, the girl would have spotted her, and caught her, but she hadn't, and the girl had walked straight past her.

"Have to fucking walk all this way to get food," Kelsey hears the girl mutter, and her eyes lighten up. She just found her way to the centre. Kelsey waits a few moments before she slowly began to follow her, making sure to be silent as possible and to stay in the shadows. After about twenty minutes, the girl decided to take a rest, and Kelsey stood behind a dead tree a few metres away, watching her. The girl was stretching, she could only just see her, the sun was rising now but it was still dark. But light enough for her to see the bag. The black bag lays a behind the log that the girl originally had sat on, but now she was distracted, maybe Kelsey could snatch it. Keeping her eye on the girl, Kelsey slowly tip toes over to where the bag lays, her feet making no sound as she does so. She holds her breath as she grabs the strap of the bag, and begins to walk around when she hears the girl laugh.

"I was waiting for you to show yourself," The girl says, and Kelsey spins around to see her standing there, smiling. Kelsey opens her mouth to say something, but before she could even part her lips, the girl was in front of her. The girl quickly kicks Kelsey in the chest, causing her to fall backwards into the dirt and dust, and pounces on her, the girls cold hand wrapping around Kelsey's throat.

"It's been so long since I've had a kill," The girl says, and her grip tightens around Kelsey's throat, surprisingly the grip was tight for a girl with one arm. Se begins to kick, punch, scratch and pull Marges hair, but nothing seems to cause the girl to release her grip on Kelsey's throat. Kelsey's lungs burn for air, and she feels around for something, anything on the ground that could help her. Then her hand comes across something cold, and hard. With her last ounce of strength, Kelsey manages to lift the bone, and swings it into the side of the girls head, and she releases her grip on Kelsey's throat instantly, and falls to the side. Kelsey quickly rolls to the side, the thing she had hit the girl with, a bone, still in her hand. The girl tries to kick out at Kelsey once more, but Kelsey jumps out of the way before her foot could make contact, and then she brought the bone down on the girls head again, and the girl went limp beneath her. She wasn't dead, because there hadn't been a canon, but she wasn't moving, which meant Kelsey had knocked her out. She waits a few moments, to catch her breath, before picking up the red bag that she had tried to steal in the first place. She takes one last look at the girl on the floor, before continuing on to the lake.

"Do you hear that?" Yasmin says, freezing mid walk. It was faint, but it was defiantly there, something that sounded like a low, hissing sound. Yasmin quickly scans the area around them, seeing nothing but fog, dead trees and dirt. Finally she spots it, slithering in the ashes a few metres away from where she and Phoenix stand. She quickly grips her katana, and walks over to the snake, which begins to wriggle away from her as she approaches, but she quickly slices it's head off in one, swift movement, and sighs. They have come across too many snakes since they arrived in the dead waste land. After they had managed to escape Jase and Maya, the two returned to their tree as fast as they could, but only to grab their supplies. It was obvious the game makers were bored with the two tributes, that's why they had sent the bird to drop them on the pair from District One. As soon as they had everything, the two had run straight out into the wasteland, which seems to be riddled with snakes. So far, her and Phoenix were doing alright supply wise, they still had plenty of food and water, their only problem was each other. Ever since the bird attack, Phoenix has been annoyed at Yasmin for ditching him, which was stupid, what could she have done that would have helped him?