Prologue

(Trigger warning)

Did you know that Eichen House is referred to as Echo house by its tenants? It's called Echo house because when anything happens in this building, be it a suicide or screaming, the sound waves echo through the walls and you can hear it anywhere in the building. If you've been in Eichen long enough, you'll eventually be able to locate where the echo is originating from. Did you know if you're quiet enough you can still hear each individual's scream from decades upon decades ago? Did you know that the longer I stay here the more I see Him, the more I hear Him taunting me to let Him in? The thing is, I know He's gone. I know He won't be coming back,  'Jah made sure of that and he promised me that he'd find a way to close the door in my mind and remove the darkness around my heart for Deaton's done it to Scott and Allison when we helped Malia. The Bastard. Help the huntress and the True Alpha, leave the human to suffer an unimaginable fate. Why am I like this? Why is my life like this? My so-called brother turned his back on me because I've accidentally killed people. Once I was possessed by a Nogitsune, an evil fox spirit that lives off of chaos, strife, and pain. He fed off my suffering. My fear. My guilt. Used my knowledge of the pack to tear it apart. Used my feelings against me and the people I thought were my friends. Using the oni to kill Allison, the boy I thought to be my brother's first love, and to kill Aiden, the girl I thought to be my best friend's boyfriend. The bonds were fragile then. However, the straw that broke the camel's back was when we were facing the chimera's and in self-defense and total accident, I killed Donavan. A wendigo chimera dead set on killing me to get back at the sheriff. Maybe it's because humans don't deserve second chances. Maybe it's because it was my fault that Scott became what he is in the first place. Maybe it's karma for ever being alive. Karma for loving an Original. Karma for "letting" my biological father give me to my deranged uncle without a fight. Let my uncle use me in his supernatural experiments. Letting his vampire pets feed on me, gut me open while I was awake to watch the healing process when given vampire blood. Allowing his vampire pets to play mind games with me (a similar experience to mine with the Nogitsune).  Who am I anymore? Am I the boy who ran with wolves? I'm the boy who survived the Nogitsune? Or am I the boy who fell fore the noble Original? No, I am the boy who is going to die insane.