✔ Part 33 ✔

Jackie and Thomas were walking side by side down the long highway. It had taken them around an hour to get there.

"Do you think we're going the right way?" Thomas asked the hero beside him, who just glanced at the older one.

"Yeah," Jackie spoke, certainty laced in his voice as they both kept walking. "I mean, didn't he say something about a highway?"

"Yeah, but it could be one halfway around the world for all we know," Thomas reasoned with him, the other shrugging.

"I mean, we'll never know unless we check," Jackie said, keeping his eyes in front of him, Thomas nodding in response.

The two then stopped, around five minutes later, staring at what looked to be a small camp in the middle of the road, random things scattered around the area that was now a mess and full of blood and dirt.

"Why is there a camp in the middle of a road?" Thomas questioned, the two continuing to walk forwards, stopping in the middle of the tents that were all ripped, most being pulled down and not standing anymore.

"Do you really think anyone would be driving in a situation like this?" Jackie asked, the YouTuber just humming in response. "Hey, catch."

Thomas then turned around, just barely catching the gun that was tossed towards him, the object looking as if no ammo was in it. Jackie then stood up from the crouched position he was in and handed over the ammo.

Thomas loaded the gun but put on the safety of the weapon, not knowing himself how he learned to use a gun, but he did.

Jackie also had a gun, the two having pistols and Jackie also having a small pocket knife he found that was already covered in blood, causing him to get it on his hands and some on his hero outfit.

The two scoured the small camp that someone had set up what looked to be ages ago but found nothing of interest as they started walking again, both having their guns out, ready to shoot if needed.

"Only shoot if necessary," Jackie ordered, glancing at the forest that surrounded the road. "We didn't find any silencers for the guns, so we'll just get the attention of more zombies if we do."

Thomas just agreed, also knowing the risk of shooting when not needed to, just staring at the path ahead of them before jumping slightly when a rustling came from the bushes beside them.

"What was that?" Thomas asked, Jackie just shrugging his shoulders, another rustling sound coming from the same area, this time sounding further away.

"I'll go check it out," Jackie stated, looking towards his friend. "You stay here in case it's something dangerous."

Thomas nodded, taking a deep breath as he watched the hero push past the bushes and into the woods that surrounded them, the creator glancing around anxiously.

As Jackie entered, he couldn't see anything as it was dark out, the hero waiting a few moments until his eyes adjusted to the darkness and venturing further past the trees.

He heard a noise to his left and snapped his head in that direction before walking forwards, walking past another bush and just staring ahead of him.

A figure sat on the ground, seeming to be staring in front of them, their breathing getting even more unnatural as time went on.

As Jackie got closer, he realised that the figure was Virgil, the Side not looking away from the area in front of him.

The Septic Ego kept walking forwards slowly, not wanting to startle the anxious trait.

Virgil soon noticed the red figure coming towards him but only glanced in his direction before staring ahead of him once more.

Jackie then noticed what he was looking at as a crowd of at least fifty zombies stumbled towards the two. The hero widened his eyes before he grabbed Virgil's wrist and hauled him up, the two then sprinting the way Jackie came from, the Ego dragging the Side out of the forest area.