Chapter 11

Richie's POV

Just over five minutes pass by before Eddie comes back into the room and heads over to me, he sits cross-legged on top of his sleeping bag, facing me.

We talk for awhile in quiet voices as to not wake the others up. After about 10 minutes one by one everyone starts to wake up and head to the bathroom doing their own morning routine. Once everyone's awake and done their own thing we all head down downstairs to make breakfast.

Eddie, Bev and Bill go into the kitchen to start on pancakes for everyone, while Mike, Ben, Stan and I all sit around in the dining room. Mike and Ben are talking to each other at one end of the table while Stan and I talk at the other end.

"So have you thought about your feelings for Eddie?" Stan asks in a hushed voice so only I would hear him.

"Yeah I have." I respond.

"So, when do you think you'll tell him?" he curiously ask me.

"I don't know, I feel nervous just thinking about telling him. I think I want to tell him before I tell the others anything though." I say sounding a bit unsure of myself.

"Alright. Just take some more time to think about it and when the time is right to confess your feelings to him, you'll know." Stan says reassuring me. I nod my head at him, he's right I don't have to tell him until I'm ready.

"Thanks Stan. I appreciate it." I say giving him a smile which he returns.

"Anytime Rich." Stan says just as Eddie, Bev and Bill walk through.

They come in with 7 plates with three pancakes on each of them. Bev gives one to Mike and Ben and sets one down for herself, sitting next to Ben. Bill hands one to Stan sitting next to him with his plate and Eddie hands me mine putting his down in front of him sitting next to me.

We all eat our pancakes, lightly chatting to one another. Once we've finished Bill takes our plates into the kitchen. When he comes back he stands behind his chair looking at all of us.

"Alright how a-about we each take turns in g-getting dressed, then g-go into the l-living room?" Bill asks us all.

We all agree and one at a time leave the table to go get dressed, when we've all finished we go into the living room and all agree to watch a film to let the food go down. We sit in the same places we were in the day before. Which is great for me because that means Eddie will be leaning on me again, I always love being so close to him just seeing his cute lil face makes my heart beat a mile a minute. 

We all agree on watching Back to the Future so Mike gets up to put the disc in the player before getting comfortable once again on the end of the sofa. When the film ends we switch off the TV and talk for awhile. We end up talking for about an hour. 

"Oh it's 2pm, I've gotta be home in an hour." Eddie says sitting up a bit.

"Oh ok, w-well should we all g-go up, so y-you guys can p-pack your things away?" Bill suggests sitting forward in his spot. Everyone agrees and gets up and goes upstairs to Bill's room.

We pack our things away in our backpacks and take them downstairs leaving them by the front door, by the time we're done it's 2:25pm.

"Actually you guys I think I'm gonna go now, just to be sure I get home on time." Eddie says sitting down on the bottom of the stairs to put his shoes on.

"Oh alright. I'll come with you, might as well." I say grabbing my shoes and sitting next to Eddie on the stairs to put them on. He turns to me with a smile on his face which I happily return.

When we've finished putting our shoes on, we get up putting our bags on our backs and say bye to the others before retreating through the front door.

We go over to our bikes getting on them and pedalling towards Eddie's house. When we get there we both stop outside the front of his house.

"Well it's been fun hanging with you and the others." Eddie says while getting off his bike and standing next to it.

"Yeah it has." I say with a smile. "Can I call you later after I've had tea?" I ask hopefully.

"Course you can. I never mind a call from you." Eddie says grinning at me with his cheeks turning a bit red. Aw he's so cute.

"Aw thanks Spaghetti. Aren't you just the sweetest." I say feeling my cheeks starting to heat up to match Eddie's.

"Beep beep Richie." he says through a smile, trying to look annoyed. I laugh at him which makes his cheeks turn even redder. "See you later Rich." 

"See you Spaghetti!" I shout to him while starting to ride down the road in the direction of my house. 

Eddie's POV

I watch him until he disappears out of my sight down the street. He's so annoying and yet I miss him when he's gone. I know that doesn't make sense but it's the truth. I stand there for a moment longer until I look down at my watch and see it says 2:50pm. I'm early, which means mum is not going to yell at me today. I'm so glad I decided to leave early, I knew Richie would want to come with me and we'd end up talking for awhile before he left.

I walk my bike to the side of the house leaning it up the side of the wall, I head to the front door opening it and closing it behind me. I take my shoes off leaving them by the front door.

When I walk past the living room I say hi to my mum and head upstairs to my room. I close the door and leave my bag on the ground next to my desk for me to sort out later. I go over to my bed and lie down on my back and stare up at the ceiling. After a few minutes I start drifting off to sleep.