Chapter 9

Eddie's POV

After waving bye to Bill I lean my bike against the wall of the house and go through the front door closing it behind me and bracing myself for the conversation I'm about to have with my mum. At least I'm home earlier than we agreed, so hopefully that will put her in a good mood.

I go through into the living room and see my mum sitting on her chair in front of the TV. 

"Hi Eddie, I see you're back early. I'm glad you've learned your lesson."  she drly says, briefly glancing up at me before turning her attention back to the TV.

"Hi Mum. Yes I have." I say through gritted teeth. "Is it alright if I sleepover at a friends house tomorrow?" I ask politely hoping she will say yes.

"Which friend?" she asks now fully looking at me.

"Bill, his parents are away for the weekend so he asked us if we'd like to stay over. So can I?" I say smiling slightly at the end.

"Yeah sure, seeing as you've now proved to me that you are capable of coming home on time. I will let you stay the night at Bill's house. But I'd like you home by 3pm at the latest the next day." she says still paying attention to me.

"Thank you, and I will be home by 3pm no later the next day, I promise." I say smiling a bit. She nods her head and turns her attention back to the TV.

"Alright well go make yourself tea and go up to your room and try not to make too much noise." she spits out no longer paying attention to me.

"Yes Mum." I say walking away and heading to the kitchen to make tea for myself.

After I've finished making the food, I take it up to my room and eat it at my desk while flipping through one of my comics. When I'm done I take the plate back downstairs to wash it up then hastily make my way back to my room to call Bill then Richie. I decide to call Bill first because I know me and Richie will probably end up talking for hours like we normally do.

I go back to my desk moving my comic to the side, I pick up the phone holding it to my ear as I dial Bill's number, I hear it ring a few times then he picks up.

"H-hello?" I hear him say down the phone.

"Hey Bill, it's Eddie." 

"Hey E-eddie. So c-can you stay over?" he asks hopefully.

"Yeah I can, but I've gotta be back home at 3pm the next day." I inform him.

"O-oh alright, Well I'm g-glad you're c-coming." he says cheerily to me.

"Me too. So what time are we all coming over tomorrow?" I ask.

"About 12pm, b-by then my m-mum and dad will b-be gone and they're g-giving Georgie a lift to h-his friends."

"Alright, sounds good. Well I'll see you tomorrow Bill, I'm gonna call Richie now to tell him."

"Okay, s-see you Eddie." he says before I hear him hang up.

I then dial Richie's number after resetting the phone, I hold it to my ear hearing it barely ring once before Richie's answered.

"Hey Eddie!" I hear him say enthusiastically to me

"Hey Richie!" I say smiling wide. "You picked up quickly." I say through a chuckle.

"I was close by, I thought you would ring soon and I didn't want to miss it." he happily says. Hearing him say that makes my heart beat so fast, he's always so sweet to me.  I actually never realized until Bill pointed it out to me one day when it was just us, that he's sweeter to me than to anybody else. "So can you stay over at Bill's with us!" he excitedly asks.

"Yeah I can, she agreed to let me stay the night but I have to be back by 3pm." I say through a smile.

"Yes! I'm so glad you can, it seriously wouldn't be the same without you." 

"Thanks Richie. Even though you're annoying, I would have missed you the most." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Aw Spaghetti! You're so cute!"

"Fuck off!" I say through a laugh, which makes him laugh too.

"Well, did you want to talk for awhile about whatever?" he asks calming down a bit.

"Yeah, of course." I say back with a much calmer tone.

We then talk about different things for ages, before we knew it, it was 7pm.

"Oh Eds I've gotta go, my mum's calling me down for dinner. It's been fun talking to you for the past few hours though, I can't wait to see you tomorrow!"

"It has and I can't wait either."

"Alright well I'll see you Eds."

"See you Richie." I say smiling before I hang up the phone.

I decide to go downstairs to make something else to eat, before I start getting ready for bed, so I'm not tired tomorrow.

Time skip to the next day.

I wake up, turning my alarm off and slowly opening my eyes. It's 9am. I've had plenty of sleep so I won't be tired today. I get up out of bed, I go to the bathroom to have a shower and getting myself ready for the day. 

I go back to my room drying myself off and getting changed. I pack a small bag to take to Bill's, I pack  a change of clothes for tomorrow, all the essentials I need for the morning and a clean pair of PJ's. I leave it by the door ready to take when it turns 11:40am.

I go downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast and say goodmorning to my mum who is already sitting in her chair in front of the TV.

When it is time to go, I grab my bag, put my shoes on, say bye to mum and head out the door. I grab my bike from round the side of the house and make my way to Bill's house which isn't very far. 

When I get there, the car is gone indicating his parents are gone. I leave my bike with Bill, Stan and Ben's and go knock on the door. A few seconds later Bill opens the door smiling at me, he moves to the side letting me in before closing the door behind me.