What's Going On?

Saturday

May 26

Brittany P.O.V

I looked at the time and it was 8:40 a.m. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and noticed I'm sweating.

I wiped my face and just stared in the mirror. I had the urge to throw up, so I moved to the toilet and threw up. As I was throwing up I felt somebody rubbing my back.

When I finished I looked up and seen Harmony.

"Mommy, are you okay?"

"No, call Carter and tell him to come over." I said slowly.

"Malik come help momma!" Harmony yelled walking out the bathroom. A few seconds later Malik came running in the bathroom.

"Ma you okay." He said touching my neck.

"N-no." I slurred.

"Ma he not answering." Harmony yelled.

"Call the ambulance and get Cj dressed. Oh and call Auntie Innocent."

Just then everything went BLACK.

Carter P.O.V

I'm sitting in a meeting when my phone rang. I looked at who was calling and it was Brittany. I ignored the call end continued.

"Like I was saying we are leaving ne-" I was cut off by my phone. It was Brittany call again and I ignored it. "We are leaving next week. Armon will looking after y'all. Y'all act up it's ya' ass. Dismissed."

I sat down I'm my chair and Javon, Travis, Tonio, and Armon looked at me.

"Who was calling you?" Travis asked.

"Brittany, why?"

"Just asking."

I was about to say something when Tonio phone started to ring.

"Why you u-...With Travis and Carter.. He didn't hear it ring.. The what.. Alright we on our way." He looked at me and shook his head. "We got to go."

He stood up and ran out. We ran out behind him and got in the car.

"You should've answered yo' damn phone." He said through clenched teeth.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Innocent just called and asked why you not answering yo phone. The kids was trying to call you cause Brittany not feeling good. And you n-."

"Where are we going?" I said trying to stay calm.

"The fucking hospital. When do she ever call you this early?" He paused. I stayed quiet. "That's what I thought. Now she laid in the hospital bed unconscious."

It was quiet for the rest of the ride. When we pulled up to the hospital we all jumped out and walked to the reception desk.

"What room is Brittany Smith in?" I asked.

"They just brought her in so have a seat in the waiting area and the doctor will be out."

"Thank you."

We walked in the waiting room and saw Innocent, Courtney, the kids, my momma, her parents and their spouses.

"Harmony it's okay your mama is fine." Innocent said holding Harmony as she cried.

Jr was crying for Brittany and Courtney tried to keep him quiet. Courtney saw me and gave my Jr.

"I want mommy." Jr cried.

"Mommy will be out soon. You want mommy to see you cyring." He shook his head. "Okay stop crying so mommy won't see."

He wiped his face and laid his head on my chest. I looked over at Malik and he stared into space.

"Armon hold Jr real quick."

"Ight, what's up lil man." Armon said. I walked over to Malik and grabbed his shoulder softly.

"What's wrong?"

"It happened so fast. One second she was talking to us then her eyes rolled in the back of her head. How did this happen?" He said still looking straight ahead.

"We have to wait to see what the doctor say."

"Why didn't you answer?"

"I don't know."

"You should've answered." He got up and walked away. I put my face in my hands and silently cried.

"My son thinks it's my fault." I thought.

"Family of Brittany Smith." A doctor said looking a clipboard.

We all stood up.

"Well Ms. Smith..... "