Chapter 7: His weakness

A/n
Alright so sticking to a table is clearly not my thing but I promise. This time you'll get the next update on the right day.

Is anyone looking for a badass op oc? Try Reborn by aaliswalker.

***

One year passed since I unlocked my chakra flow. I could speak clearly now.

Hiashi didn't frown when he was with me anymore. Instead, I saw an intense calculative face anytime he looked in my direction.

My training had been going smoothly now. I could walk and run, making it much easily for me to complete courses.

Hinata, fortunately or unfortunately, was now beginning. She passed the softballs and all but couldn't climb the last wall. I had hopes she'd make it though.

My taijustu training had also begun. I learnt about all the chakra points and studied the weak points. It was mind exhausting to memories all of them but I survived.

Father thought me to block and hit. He sparred with me with the objective that I hit his chakra point. It was difficult since I had no kekkei genkai to help.

Three weeks into the training and I had still not managed to hit a chakra point. I was growing anxious and I could tell Hiashi was losing faith in me.

"Is that all?" He asked one day during our spar.

We had been fighting for an hour now and there was still no improvement. With every hit he successfully blocked it, and when I was able to get pass his basic defense I always missed the point.

"You're weak." He spat out, hitting me in the shoulder.

I gritted my teeth, not giving up. My whole body was sore, exhausted both physically and mentally.

Hiashi aimed at my stomach. I doubled over in pain, clutching it through the training material.

The clan head turned away, all the expectations and hope thrown out the window.

"You're a disappointment."

I ground my teeth, clenching my fist with anger.

"I'm trying!" I blurted out, vision blurry from the pain.

"Do or do not, there is no try. "

My jaw dropped to the floor in shock. Did this guy just unconsciously quote one of the most famous character lines back on earth?

I blinked in surprise, pain forgotten as I stared at his retreating back.

****

"Otou~san hates me." I stated, watching my mother brush my short hair from the mirror.

"Why do you say that?"

I drew circles on the glass, my eyes on the solemn expression on her face. I shrugged.

"He doesn't pay any attention to Hinata or I. Anytime he looks at either of us his face is filled with disappointment. Otou~san hates both of us."

I know I was being childish thinking like this. There was no way Hiashi was ever going to be a loving father. But it didn't stop me from trying, *cough* excuse me I meant 'doing'.

Helen placed the brush down, turning me to face her.

"Listen Rin, don't ever think your father hates you. He loves you both so much. I remember before you and your sister were born he would talk non stop about the baby."