Chapter 11: Sibling Fury

A/n
You know, there was a time I thought of adding a twist where Rin and Barbara were immortal because they never really existed in the first place.

But then I realised their nonexistent selves would have to affect everything else and immediately dismissed the idea.

Like I said before, whatever happens here is what you wrote down in the comments section. A big hand to all of you and Brazoalda for providing the plot twist.

***

My mind raced with the possibilities of what would or would not happen. Was I really going to risk Neji's happiness for a stupid plot?

My presence alone signified a change. Why would another twist matter? I had already planned to change the plot by saving as many people as possible. Why was I hesitating now?

"Twins." Shadow number one spat.

"This wasn't in the mission. We were to take the heir. But now we have two heirs." Shadow two mused.

"We only need one." Shadow number three said gruffly.

Hinata whimpered on her bed on the other side of the room. I wished I could run to her and tell her it was okay but with the giants blocking my way it seemed impossible.

I could hardly even make out her picture. "Don't touch me." I growled out when shadow one made a move to my bed.

He flinched at the tone but quickly recovered. "This one's feisty." He remarked.

"We don't need any noise. Take the other one. She's quiet."Shadow three announced.

"No!" I sprang up, gathering chakra. It was going to take some while before I could use it. I needed to buy time.

"I won't let you take her!"

Shadow one and two shifted. Then started chuckling. One had the nerve to try poke me, I growled in warning, making him take it back. That was right. He should be scared.

"Oh yeah, what you gonna do about it?" Shadow two laughed. He clearly didn't notice my mood change. A thought came to me. He would soon enough.

I smiled devilishly, my white teeth shining in the dark. "First, I'll burn that arrogance of yours to the ground. Next, I'm going to burry your pride head down and watch you struggle to breath. I'll crack every stupid bone in your body until you're nothing more than an idiotic wiggling worm."

Every single word dripped with hatred and venom. I made sure to spit them out slowly, so it all sunk into their brains.

The air was filled with tension. My whole body shook with rage as I unconsciously let out powerful waves of KI.

I could handle taunts. I could handle bullies. I could handle my greatest fear(*cough* nope *cough* *cough*). But I swore if anyone so much as laid a finger on Hinata, they would never live to see the day.

They slowly backed away from me, finally realising the weight of the situation.

"We don't have time for this." Shadow three said grimly and raised his hand. All of a sudden, my body became heavy. It felt as if a whole house was resting on my shoulders.

I tried to fight it, pumping chakra to my feet to gain a stand. The bed crumbled beneath me and I fell. A panicked voice called out to me. I tried to smile, to reassure them but the heaviness prevented me.

"H-Hi-na-ta" Voices drowned in my head. I stole one glance at the black corner, where the voice was coming from. The last image I saw was a quivering shadow before my world planked into further darkness.

"-cy."

"-ucy."

"Lucy."

I snapped my eyes open and instantly shot up. Only to be assaulted by a massive headache. A groan left my lips as I cradled my head.

"This isn't the time for hangovers Lu."

"Barbara?" I squinted my eyes at the blurry figure before me. Though I could not make out the face, her tone of voice and the bright pink colour answered the question for me.

"Listen Lu. We need to leave now. The other Hyuga would be here soon. Hinata shouldn't be too far."

The mention of her name was like a mental switch in my brain. All fogginess disappeared as my sight cleared. The headache long forgotten.

"Come on. Grab a bandage."

My eyebrow furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

Barbara turned to me then almost boringly stated. "You're bleeding."

It was only after those words that the pain registered in my mind. I looked down at my left arm and widened my eyes at the long bloody gash. I must have scrapped it on a pointed piece if wood when the bed came down.

Blocking out the pain to the best of my ability, I hurriedly tied the injury with a long cloth. New goal. When I returned, I was learning medical jutsu.

I got up and changed into my training gear. It repulsed me, that thing. But there were more pressing matters to handle and I didn't have time to be picky.

We moved swiftly out of the house. More or less to my surprise, the compound was empty.

"They created a diversion. The whole clan is battling at the western side right now."

As if to prove her point, an explosion sounded from the west side of the clan compound.

I nodded and we jumped, using the rooftops to our advantage. Through the run my mind was filled with different scenarios of how Hinata was doing. None of them were positive.

My hands clenched into fists as I pushed myself harder. The throbbing pain in my arm was a dull ache compared to the anger I was feeling in my chest.

"They're close." Barbara's voice cut in from the storm in my mind. I jumped down from the trees and hid, concealing my chakra.

"I'm telling you I heard something. I'm sure we're being followed." Shadow one said.

Shadow two sighed. "Going on and on about things that aren't there. You are by far the worst sensor I've met in life. And I've met a lot, that's saying something."

Shadow three clicked his tongue. "Let's move before your bickering attracts unwanted attention. I'm not taking any chances."

He was smart, but slow. They'd already attracted unwanted attention. And I'd be damned if any of them crossed our borders.

Like I said earlier before, I liked to go out with a bang. Even in my furious state, that didn't escape me.

I released my suppression and walked out of the clearing. These people had picked the wrong twin that night. While I was knocked out, my body subconsciously continued to harness chakra. It had become like that ever since I begun practicing as a baby.

If I didn't flip the switch off, my body with still gather it, with or without my help.

"Uh, the brat followed us." Shadow one said nervously.

"You think we don't know that?" Shadow two snapped. Shadow three uttered no comment.

"Um. Is it just me or does she look a bit different?" Shadow one stated again. They all peered at me and he gasped.

"That's-"

"-Byakugyan." They all whispered.

***

Hate to bring this to a close on short notice. But I noticed this book lacked some suspense, and I did say that there would be some. I like to keep my word.

This book is such a bad influence on me. I'm not even able to focus on Eradication. I'm afraid if this goes on I'll be forced to put it on hold.

Bye