Chapter 12: No more running

A/n
Updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays if I can help it. This is a short chapter, but I have a surprise waiting for you at the end.

***

"I thought you took care of her." Shadow one said.

"I did too." Shadow three gritted out. They turned to me with surprise.

"Impossible. No one can stand your gravity pull. It turns off your chakra flow  At most she'd be knocked out for only two days, not a week." Shadow two stated.

I waited patiently for them to get over their initial shock before taking a step closer. They took on a defensive stance. I flashed them all my teeth.

"I warned you. All of you."

The words flowed softly out of my mouth. Back on earth I was carefree, funny and easy going. But everyone knew not to push my buttons. It was one of the reasons why I ended up in the orphanage.

Cracking my knuckles and neck, I gave them my best smirk. "I'm not a violent person you know. But there are some things even I can't forgive."

Barbara hadn't come out yet. She stayed within the cover of the trees, bidding her time.

"Psht, she's just a kid. Let's get this over with." Shadow two sounded.

I laughed internally. Kid? I think not. Shadow two let out a battle cry and charged towards me, fist raised. I ducked and swiped my chakra infused leg to his feet.

He couldn't see the move in the dark and by the time he realised it, his head had hit the ground hard. An audible crack sounded as he went limp.

No, he wasn't dead. Thanks to my byakugyan I could verify that. But he was gonna have some serious headache when he woke up, and probably wouldn't remember his name.

The remaining two took a step back, stunned. I casually stepped over the body, accidentally kicking him. Just an additional broken ribs to leave a mark.

Shadow three tried to discretely raise his hand but a kunai lodged itself in it, making him cry out. I inwardly groaned.

'Not only does she have experience with jutsu, she also has great aim with the kunai. Damn Barbara.'

Shadow one decided to make his move. With my new vision I noticed his chakra movement changed. He was preparing himself to make jutsu.

'Not on my watch'

I charged at him, rounding a kick to his side. He jumped out of the way just in time. Hands pressed in concentration. I clicked my tongue and came at him with a punch.

Using his right leg as a momentum he turned away with his right, effectively avoiding it.

"Your punches and kicks, it'll be best if none touch me."

He jumped to the trees, hoping to loose me in the dark. Of course that resulted in me punching the one he was hiding behind, destroying a whole line of them. Nothing escaped my byakugyan.

We took our battle up, in a hide and seek format. Barbara had finally emerged, engaging in Shadow three. Their battle was a sight to see, both trying to best each other in a jutsu combat.

About a third of the forest was destroyed now. The chaos was sure to bring people's attention to it. I needed to end this quick.

"Hinata! Go home."

The still quivering girl looked at me. My shadow clone came to her. "Let's go Hina. It's not safe here."

"W-What about y-you?"

"My original will be fine. We'll take care of it." The clone replied.

Hinata looked at her, then turned in my direction. She looked back at my clone, a resolve in her eyes.

"N-no."

"Huh?" She asked, blinking her eyes.

"I-I said n-no."

Her back straightened as she took a deep breadth.

"I'm not going anywhere. No more running for me."

She flashed my clone a smile in the dark and in a quick flash, hit its chakra point.

I cursed when the information was relayed to me. In the darkness, I saw with my white eye, my shy twin give a round kick to shadow one's head.

It wasn't enough to knock him out but it was strong enough to make him fall off his branch.

She landed beside me, fist clenched. "I'm not leaving you this time. I'm the oldest, it's my job to protect you."

"But I'm stronger, so it's my job to protect you." I argued.

"We'll see." Was all she told me.

Shadow one got up and dusted himself. "I'm ready." With fluid movements, he made up his hand signs. I widened my eyes at his chakra. It seemed to have multiplied threefold.

That wasn't all, they dispersed to all points of his body, rising to the skin. We watched in awe as he transformed from a thin shadow to a huge monster.

A choke came for my throat as I stared at the all too familiar green. A roar came out of his mouth.

"Hulk transformation complete."

***
Kill me but I just had to add this. What's a fanfic if you can't add your favorite characters? No, the avengers haven't made their way to Naruto. But yes, Hulk is the star of this show.

*Cheers*

Interviewer: So hulk, how do you feel about being the major twist in this chapter?

Hulk: Hulk happy.

Interviewer: I'm sure you are. So now that you're here does it mean the author would be bringing more unexpected characters?

Me: Of course. The first hint that gave it out was the Yoda quote from Star Wars. I promised to add new and fun characters with awesome twists. This here is one of them.

Interviewer: Can you give us any hints on who would be appearing next?

Me: Hmm. I'm not sure. The readers would have to present their requests. There are of course, many many awesome characters like Hulk.

Interviewer: I see. Well, you heard the author. Present your request on which character you would like to appear next in the comment section. Good day folks, see you next week.