Chapter 27: Mind in a cutter

True to my word, I didn't bring up the subject again. That didn't mean I wasn't dying to know it though.

My mind was going overdrive, trying to figure out what exact had happened to her during the training. But like everything else that connected to Barbara, I came up with nothing.

Despite my burning curiosity I respected her privacy and continued to tell her my experiences with the Akatsuki squad.

I told her about the time Konan, Tsunade and I had gone on a mini strike and left the boys to fend for themselves in the kitchen. It was hilarious seeing them trying to cook according to the manual.

Especially when Nagato added a 'pinch' of salt and ended up with a tasteless dish, then proceeded to pour a whole lot more and destroyed their four hour attempt to make something edible. In the end, they gave up and fried fish with a fire jutsu.

After they'd eaten and were completely satisfied, the girls and I entered  and made the most appetising ramen, making sure that the aroma filled up the entire house.

We ate in front of them, slurping and blowing and chewing. Of course I wasn't one to promote greediness, so we gave them some.

The only thing was, they were so full to the extent that they couldn't even so much as taste it.

Ah, good times, good times.

Barbara's eyes snapped open, putting me on high alert. "What is it?"

"Someone broke the genjutsu."

My own eyes widened in surprise. It'd barely been an hour. How could someone do it so quickly? My answer came to me faster than I had expected.

"-It could have been dangerous, what if it wasn't as simple?" A deep voice said, coming closer.

"But oni~chan nothing bad happened. I'm alright, see?" A smaller one replied in the form of a whine.

"It still doesn't explain how he was able to dispel it so easily though. Were the signs a trick?" Another male voice said.

"It seems so..." The first replied.

A feminine voice scoffed. "Of course he'll be able to dispel it. They were only C-rank after all."

"How do you know?"

There was a hint of smug as she replied, "Well, for starters the illusion was so thin it was practically see through. Second was the seal which was written in-"

At this point, I was already face to face with them.

"You!"

I blinked. "Me?"

And then a memory appeared. Running on the roof, tripping and falling, someone catching me. Being passed on to another.  A blush spread on my cheeks.

I had totally forgotten about that.

"I remember you! You're the girl that-"

"You're embarrassing her Nii~chan."

Shisui scratched the back of his head, his own set of pink on his face. "Sorry about that."

"Its okay." I muttered, mind going overdrive. I was actually speaking to an Uchiha!

"I think its probably best if we forget that." Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I smiled and bowed slightly.

"I'm Rin Hyuga. Nice to meet you."

"Uchiha Shisui."

"Uchiha Itachi."