Chapter 15: OP Sucks

A/N

ERADICATION is going down soon. It simply isn't getting the love and attention I initially hoped for. I would love to keep writing it but it's hard to write when there's no real positive feedback.

Happy Tuesday.

***

I hid beneath the desk and concealed my chakra as best as i could. Eavesdropping wasn't something I did on a regular bases back on earth   (Some secrets, no matter how good an advantage it would be as blackmail, were just plain disgusting)

But they weren't something I was bad at either. I wouldn't have hid if I hadn't heard my name. A lot of things happened overnight, and I needed some answers.

"Rin~hime is more than a prodigy." Hiruzen Sarutobi acknowledged as they both sat down.

"I'm afraid so." Hiashi replied. I frowned in confusion, isn't that what he wanted?

"I thought you of all people would be glad at the sudden development." The hokage voiced out my thoughts.

"I thought so too." There was a sigh.

"However recent development has lead me to feel otherwise. Rin is a very competitive child. From a young age I knew she was different than her sister. She is stronger than others her age, naturally. Which is probably why I blame myself for her current situation."

My heart swelled. This was the longest I'd ever heard him speak, and it had all been about me!

"What situation are you referring to?" Hiruzen asked.

Their conversation was a serious issue however there was a casual tone in the way they spoke to each other. The anime never depicted them as anything even close to friends. This was new.

My mind involuntarily begun to conjure images that made my face turn an instant green. It took all my willpower not to vomit everything I'd  eaten that day.

Yep, traumatised for life.

There was a shift above, followed by another sigh. "It appears that, Rin is a Enerugihoruda." (literarily had to search google translate for that)

A what?

"A what?"

Although the question was the same, the tonation made the difference. While I was confused as to whatever the hell that meant, Hiruzen's was like;

I know exactly what that big ass word is, but I'm still asking because I cannot believe you just said that.

Yeah, something like that.

"The results came in after her scan. I had first been suspicious when the Nara brought her in, the test confirmed my fears."

There was a pause.

"Have you told Helen?" Hiruzen broke the silence.

"Not yet. She's already stressed at the attempted kidnap. I don't want to worry her more."

I bit my lip. What exactly was an enerugihoruda? I had a vague sense of Enerugi being energy. Though I didn't want to jinx it.

"You know what this means right?"

I tensed, leaning closer to the wood. There was a shuffle on the other side and a tap of feet.

"She'll need to learn how to control it. I heard  the last one was from the Hidden Mist village. He went rogue some years ago. So far he is the only one I know of who is alive."

"She can't learn here Sarutobi. There's too much civilization and Danzo's eyes are everywhere."

My ears perked up at the name. Yes, that snake of a man was going to be a problem in my operation save Naruto.

His roots were too deep in the village. Good thing I had a drill.

"That is true. I'll contact Jiraiya and see if he has room for one more student."

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. What was perv~sama doing in the conversation? And how did he fit in the equation?

One more student. Where they referring to the big three(Yahiko squad) or was there another student in question?

Damn, I should have paid more attention to the timelines instead of just the facts.

"Thank you Lord Hokage, your kindness is deeply appreciated."

"It is no trouble on my part. What of her Nara friend?" The old man asked.

"Her case is similar but not as deep as Rin's. I had spoken with her father earlier today. He doesn't seem too worried about it."

I held my breath as the sound of a chair scrapping back filled my ears. "Good day then." Hiruzen's voice said and I could almost picture him tipping his hat like he did in the anime.

I let out a sigh when the door finally closed, picking myself up. It was obvious what I was going to do next.

I needed to talk to Barbara.

***

If you're reading this don't forget to turn on your data connection and vote!

***

Finding Barbara the next day was a bit harder than I hoped it to be. I found her sitting on the same bridge Sasuke would one day come to, skipping stones(perfectly) across the water.

She remained silent as I conveyed the conversation to her. I didn't notice the way her fists clenched when at the word 'Enerugihoruda' nor did I see the sigh in her eyes when I stated someone like us.

"Enerugihoruda means Energy Holder." She begun in her usual detached bored tone.

"Its a term used to describe people with enormous chakra reserves, my father told me. Its an extremely rare mutation which leaves the person with a form of  distinct feature."

I placed my chin in my palm, watching as the wind swept our hair off our shoulders. This was an anime effect, I knew because it wasn't at all windy when the day begun.

"The chakra is usually divided in two, one bigger than the other. We are able to tap freely in the larger reserves when younger but as we grow the two merge into one, making it almost impossible to control."

She turned her chocolate eyes to me. "Take it like we're jinchurikis. The larger chakra is our biju and we are able to utilise their power with little to no struggle at all.

With the bijuu it'll be like two set of hands fighting to open and close a tap at the same time, slowing progress. Without the bijuu and its seal it'll only be one. With no one to slow it down the water will always be flowing into the bucket, never stopping even when-"

"-It overflows." I concluded, face paling at the thought. If I am always pumping large amounts of chakra the simplest of jutsu could turn into a massive wave of destruction.

"Not only jutsu Lu.'' I hadn't realised I said that out loud.

"The water is overflowing. Its constantly leaking out of you. A stomp of your feet could cause a massive earthquake. But that's not really the end of it. The tap is opened to its fullest, and there's only so much pressure the bucket can take."

I think I froze at the end of it. It wouldn't take a genius to fill the blanks.

yeah, being overpowered sucked.

***

This is based off a theory I wanted to try out with another one of my books.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Only a couple more chapters to conclude the first part of the book.

see ya later.