12) Dates

Marinette's POV
"She didn't believe me." Marinette explained to her boyfriend.

"What do you mean she 'didn't believe you'?"

"I mean, Alya still thinks that I'm not over Adrien, and says that Jamie is an awesome boy and I should give him another chance. She thought I was bluffing when I said I wasn't interested... and now she wants to set us up again." She moaned.

"Well, maybe we should tell her-"

"Tell her what? That I'm dating a superhero? Kitty-"

"You're right, for your safety and mine, we can't tell her. I know. But this 'Jamie' guy is starting to get on my nerves, princess. Just, promise me you'll be careful?"

"I promise." She agreed, leaning in for a kiss.

"And don't worry, you'll always be my knight."
- • - • - • - • - • - • -
A week later, Marinette reluctantly waited for her "date" in the park.

He was a nice guy, but even if she wasn't with Chat, Jamie just wasn't her type.

She didn't know how to explain it, but there just something about Chat (and at one point Adrien) that she felt drawn too. Something she had never felt with anyone else. A certain bond.

Regardless, Alya wouldn't let her give up on the boy until she had given him a fair chance, so she was assuming this wouldn't be the last date she found herself roped into.

It had been almost an hour when the two could hear an explosion across the town.

"Was that-"

"An akuma." Mari finished, watching as leaves and vines began to cover the city, quickly crawling towards her and Jamie.

"Run." She whispered, but it was obviously too late as the vines began to surround them, wrapping themselves around their legs and making their way up.

"Looking a little green there, princess." A familiar voice called.

Using his baton, Chat shredded the rope like plants and put himself in between his girlfriend and the hostile greenery.

He sliced and hacked at them until the plants pathetically shriveled away.

"Are you okay, Mari?" He rushed towards her wrapping her in a hug, and she almost kissed him until she remembered their spectator.

"Wow. Friends with Jagged Stone, Adrien Agreste, and Chat Noir. Anyone else I should know about?"

"Um... a few run ins with Clara Nightingale and my mortal enemy just so happens to be the mayor's daughter. That's about it." She added, still in Chat's arms.

"That's it?! You're literally hugging a superhero and you don't think it's a big deal?!"

"We're pretty tight," she admitted, pulling out of her boyfriend's embrace. "Go get 'em kitty!"

She gave him a large smile and he returned the gesture with a fake salute.

"You got it princess!"

"Sorry to cut this short, Jamie, but I better go check on my parents. I had a nice time, thanks!" Marinette called out, waving and running in the direction of the bakery.

"Wow, that boy can really talk about sports!" Tikki yawned as they hid in an alley.

She rolled her eyes in response. "Tell me about. But first, let's go help a certain cat take care of miss Lorax." She muttered as plants continued to fill the city. If they didn't do something soon, the whole country would be a jungle.