25) Holidays

Adrien's POV
"Tis the season." Adrien muttered as he called on his transformation.

He had been so close to making it through the photo shoot until they were interrupted by an akuma, an angry one by the looks of it, who was currently zapping random citizens with an icy blue light.

"My name is Whisp, and I'll watch as you reveal your secrets to the world! I want to know everything about you... so come out Adrien!"

Adrien? What did she want with him? The more he looked at the girl, the more familiar she seemed.

He stood on top of a nearby building trying to identify her. She was in all white, her skin tight suit accented with blue designs.

"Is that-"

"Everly Janson." A familiar voice finished.

"M'lady? How did you know?"

"Because I might've gone off at her for trying to hit on you a few minutes ago..."

"You what?"

"I'm sorry! She was getting on my nerves. Apparently she was sure that I had a thing for you, and told me to get out of her way. I might've gotten a little defensive after that."

He sighed, blocking off one of the beams.

"I don't think I can stay mad at you for that."

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's fine bugaboo, let's just finish her off."

The battle went quite quickly, and the American model was eager to meet the legendary heroes when all was said and done.

The rest of the shoot, he noticed that she and Marinette had kept their distance occasionally giving each other dirty stares.

The moment the photo mob ended, Adrien had intended on running over to a café and grabbing a hot cocoa and some croissants with his girlfriend... but apparently plans change.

"Adrien!" Everly yelled, running towards him.

"Hey, Everly." He nervously replied, giving an awkward wave.

"I'm so glad I got to catch you before you left!"

I'm not.

"I'm sorry about this morning, you know, the whole villain and Hawk-guy thing. I guess I just got a little nervous for this," she put a hand on Adrien's chest as he immediately backed away.

"What are you doing?"

"I just wanted to tell you how I feel, Adrien, I know you've felt something too. I know that Marinette girl was lying about you 'having a girlfriend', you would've told me, right?"

"Everly, I'm sorry, but I really don't know you that well. I don't feel obliged to tell you about my personal life because you're a coworker, an acquaintance. She was telling the truth, I do have a girlfriend, and we're really happy. So I'm flattered, but I don't feel the same way."

Her eye twitched before calmly responding.

"What does she have that I don't, Adrien? I don't want you to walk away and regret your choice. Boys all over the world fight for me, and I'm handing you the trophy for free."

"For one, she has my respect. She's loyal, brave, and selfless. She's determined and funny, one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met. I've gone through so much with her, and I want to stay by her the rest of my life. She's my partner, Everly, and my best friend. I would really appreciate it if you took 'no' for an answer, you're starting to remind me of an over obsessed fangirl. So please, don't judge my life. You don't know me, not the way she does." And with that, he walked past her.