Chapter 22

"THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"GETTING A DISGUISE!" Angin screeched, holding a fake moustache to his face. "Do you think he'll recognize us wearing this?"

Api's eye twitched. He was a hair's sliver close to punching him in the face.

"Of course he will, dumbass! What drugs are you on?"

"The only drug I need is you~"

"I'M LEAVING YOU ALONE IN THIS PLACE."

"NOOOOOOOOOOO."

The two idiots proceeded to do whatever dumb thing they could think of. Climbing random trees, trying temporary hair dye (Api's hair turned bright pink) or trying to give themselves a brain freeze by downing ten Slurpies in one go.

They spent most their time in a skater rink, where it was Angin's natural element. Api was there because he was interested, but not talented. Angin held Api's hand every time they got down to the place.

It was a place in the park, where there were curves and smooth holes designed for skaters, whether by rollerblades or skateboards, and even the occasional bike or scooter. There were rarely any children here, and it was vacant because every other teen was in school.

Angin spotted an old tree, and climbed it. His hand gripped the branches with ease, and in no time, he was in the highest spot of the tree, where there was a hole. He reached into it, and fished out a skateboard wrapped in plastic.

He hopped down and unwrapped it, almost too frantic. He revealed a blue skateboard, its yellow wheels faded and worn.

When he turned to Api, the delinquent was already lying on a nearby bench, head resting on the armrest as he played on his console.

Without a word, Angin readied himself on the board, and launched himself down to the rink.

As he rushed down, he felt air rush on his face, the power brushing through the strands of his hair. He was sure to balance his centre of gravity as he moved, rushing through the concrete rink without so much as tumbling over.

He skated in and out with no trouble, as if it was second nature. He was in his element, manoeuvring through the rink like the board was an extension of him.

"Aren't you two supposed to be in school?"

In mid-air, Angin whipped around in shock. He nearly tripped on his feet, but he managed to balance himself and the skateboard so they would land on solid ground.

He looked around him, but he saw no one. There was only an empty skating rink, and Api playing his games on the bench.

"I'm right here." The voice came from the trees. Angin turned to one of the tallest ones, and that's when he saw the coat of black and white. A teen their age was hanging upside down, using nothing but his legs hooked around the branch as support.

Angin blinked. He recognized that uniform. It was someone he saw in school, but only a glimpse.

"Aren't you're an exchange student from Celestium Academy?" Angin called, squinting his eyes from the sun. "What are you doing here?"

As he watched, he saw the elite student perform stunts that were too fast, too flawless to catch by the normal eye. Even Angin had trouble keeping up with his movements.

With a gentle thud, the teen was standing few feet from him, leaves sticking out from his hair. He didn't seem to mind.

"I asked first," he said. His eyes, as bright as they might appear, was cold and calculating. "What's your name?"