Chapter 5.5: Playing cupid

Author's note:

Double update!

Hi! I thought that it would be fun to write the other table's perspective in chapter 5 so here you go!

Expect this chapter to be shorter than usual. Anyways, enjoy♡

• • • •

Third person POV:

As soon as Bella and Mateo wait in line for their turn to order, the group instantly tried looking for a table that would fit all of them but once once they found a big enough table that was next to the wall, it was only a table for four.

Since they have no choice, Andrew saw a table for two, he tried to bring the table to the other table to form a bigger table, but that's when Andrew found a problem...

"Guys, the tables are attached to the floor..." Andrew said to the group.

The chairs where movable so that means they can just get another chair so one more person can sit on the table.

"Ok so, whose gonna sit on the table for two?" Elliot asked.

Everyone stood silent for a while until Mo had something in mind.

That's right folks, its a another one of Mo's "demonic" plan for the Mella ship to sail.

"Well Elliot, we'll just make your brother and Bella sit down together, its pretty obvious if ya know what I mean~" Mo said with a huge grin on their face.

Leo heard what Mo said and since they are both extroverts and social butterflies, he knew exactly what Mo meant.

Yes, its kinda weird.

"Oh~ I see that they need out help, wait.. does Bella like Mateo?" Leo asked Mo to which Mo respond with a nod.

Leo immediately grinned and the only sane people; Elliot, Brody and Andrew; stood there confused about to whole situation.

"Um Leo, what's with that grin?" Brody asked.

"Well, Mateo and Bella like each other so now we'll make them sit next to each other alone so that our ship will sail!" Leo said excitingly.

And with that, the whole group knew that Mateo and Bella liked each other, even tho from the very start Leo, Andrew and Elliot knew about Mateo's crush while Brody and Mo knew about Bella's crush.

"So, is everyone in the mission, "get Mateo and Bella together?" " Mo asked the group and even tho Brody was kinda hesitant at first, since his duty was to protect his younger sister, but he eventually agreed to the plan.

They all decided to sit down and when they saw Bella and Mateo come to their direction.

Leo and Mo couldn't help but let their grins on full display.

Meanwhile, Andrew, Brody and Elliot sat their quietly.

After the placed the trays filled with food, Mateo noticed something.

"So um... where will Bella and I sit down?" Mateo asked.

"Oh over there at the table for two." Leo answered as he pointed at the table for two nearby.

Perfect. The plan is going just as they thought.

"Well, cant we just move the table and combine it to make one table?" Bella asked as Mo smirked then said "look down at the table."

Bella looked down at the table and found out that the tables are attached to the floor, making it impossible to make on big table.

Bella and Mateo looked around for big enough tables and they werent able to find one.

"We dont really have a choice now do we?" Mateo said and Andrew nod his head.

Bella and Mateo just grabbed their plates and sat down at the table for two.

Yes! The mission was successful!

Mo and Leo was doing a mini victory dance, Elliot grinned a bit, Brody and Andrew had a smile on their face.

As they ate a bit of their food, Mo couldnt help but take pictures of Bella and Mateo so that they can make a shipping shrine once they go back home.

• • • •

Whenever Bella would look back at their table, they were always talking about something, since Bella couldnt really hear their conversations, she just thinks that the group was just busy talking about random things, but little did she know was the group was purposely eating slow and taking their time so that way their ship would have more time together.

When they saw Bella covering her face, the whole group just looked at them curiously, but Brody's brother instincts were on alert when he saw her covering her face.

When Bella stood up, and went to the bathroom, they decided to pretend like they saw nothing and continued eating food.

After a while, when Bella was on her way back to Brody made sure to give Bella a "we will talk later" look and when Bella nod her head he felt relieved.

They continued talking about random stuff aside from Bella and Mateo for now. They eventually finished their food as well as Bella and Mateo and went out of the restraunt.

For this event, they sucessfully played cupid, but this was only the beggining of their little adventure for today.

Will there be more chances where Mateo and Bella can spend time alone?

Well the whole group hopes so.

We will just have to wait and see..