Chapter 11: Realization

Mateo's POV:

I just came back home from my day today.

She likes me back!

We both like each other!

Naturally, if your crush likes you back, then you would happy, and that's what Ive been feeling right now.

Happiness.

The way that she just looks at me, blushes, loves her family like I do, how simple she is.. just everything about her is driving me insane!

She likes me back.

I know I keep repeating that same sentence but I just feel like im dreaming, even tho its real.

I parked the bike at the side and then went inside my home to where my family was waiting for me.

"So? How was your day with Bella?" Elliot asked as mom and dad were sitting on the couch next to him, probably watching netflix. A huge smile went on my face. "She likes me back!" Just as I said that, my family smiled at me.

"Yes! That's my son! I knew I taught you well!" My dad said proudly then mom cleared her throat. "He's also my son, Erik! We raised our two children together! Besides, I pushed them while you just stood next to me doing nothing! Give me some credit!" Mom said as Elliot and I  laughed a bit.

As you can probably see, Mom and Dad have alot of... "fights," its nothing serious really, but they always do this since they started out as enimies in collage.

I think dad hit mom by accident and mom got mad at him and it lead to multiple arguments and fights but after a while, they ended up liking each other and gave it a shot then they graduated, moved in together, got married and here we are today.

They show their love and affection to each other by arguing over stupid things and making up, by how you usually show love and affection to your significant other.

Its kinda strange.. but not all love stories are the same..

Dad apologised and gave mom a quick hug and kiss as an apology and mom calmed down a bit until she looked at me.

"So, you should invite your girlfriend over for dinner some time.." mom said and I just realized.

What are we?...

What are mine and snowflake's relationship to each other now that we both know that we like each other?..

Plus, I didnt even consider today's events as a "date"

I wasnt even expecting her to like me back...

shoot.

"Im guessing by the look of your face you and Bella arent official yet huh?" Elliot said, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah, I wasnt even expecting her like me back and it was getting late. Her brother Brody wanted her home so we didnt really have the chance to talk about.. Bella and I.." I said and my family nod in understanding.

"Well maybe you should talk to her.." Mom suggested and I nod my head. "Yeah, I just hope things wont feel akward tomorrow.." I replied.

"Hey, what's that in the bag your carrying?" Elliot asked, pointing to the paper bag filled with macaroons Anne made for us. "Oh its macaroons. Bella's mom made them herself for all of us." I said.

Mom and dad both went to the kitchen since they were cooking dinner then Elliot immediately took the bag and ate one macaroon.

Once he took a bite of the macaroon, his eyes lit up. "This is delicious! Hey big bro, maybe you should marry Bella. Maybe she can cook like this too!" Elliot said and I scoffed.