11 - Blinding Lights

The Hwasa video ended.

"So, what did you think? Pretty cool right?" Rosie asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Cool? I don't know what to think to be honest."

"Yeah. You're becoming really popular... Hwasa is a big deal, you should be proud you chick magnet" she said nudging you.

It came off really awkward. Rosie was trying to act like she wasn't jealous, but oh man was she bad at hiding it. She looked uncomfortable and it was obvious why.

"Chaeng come here, you know you're my girl right? I couldn't care less what Hwasa thinks."

Rosie immediately gave up on the act and gave you a clingy hug.

"Thanks (y/n). It upset me if I'm being honest."

You smiled softly. "I could kind of tell."

She blushed. "Was it that obvious?"

"Yeah."

You both started chuckling and smiled at each other before hugging again. You let her tuck her head under your chin and rubbed her back. She was cute when she was like this; it showed that she cared.

You ended your hug when Rosie had a loud hiccup. She turned red, but you didn't laugh at her because you knew she wasn't having the best day. She really appreciated the little things like that you did. You understood her better than anybody, and it showed her you cared and took her feelings seriously.

"Why don't we watch a movie together baby girl?"

"Ok" she said, smiling now.

You were reading through the movie titles, which were in Korean so you were in Korean mode.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I yeonghwaneun joh-a boineunga?"(Should we watch this one?)

(Should we watch this one?)

"Ne oppa/unnie, jal deullibnida."
(Yes, sounds good.)

Rosie suddenly looked at you in shock. "Wait. Were we just... speaking in Korean...?"

You hadn't realized either. "Wow... yeah, I guess we were. That's a first."

For a moment you two just stared dumbly at each other. Then she jumped onto your lap.

"Awww (y/n) I'm so proud of you" she purred and snuggled up close. "Your Korean is so good now. I would never expect you to act Korean or anything, but the fact you make an effort to learn about my culture means so much."

From the look in her eyes you knew how touched she was. "Anything for you my pabo" you said, giving her a squeeze. Chaeyoung giggled and squeezed you back, then looked up into your eyes. She was like a puppy begging for food, except she wanted kisses. She was too adorable to resist.

***

Life was starting to get crazy. You were named the K-League 2 player of the month, and attention was attacking you from all angles.