14 - The Warning

You were still fuming as you sat down in your car. You had gone home early be try and be a good bf/gf to Rosie and spend more time with her, but she had treated you like some asshole who didn't care about her. She always acted like that these days and you were sick of it.

You pulled out your phone and stared at one of your contacts.

The resentment you felt made it tempting. Thankfully, there was a voice in your head - as small as it was - that warned you that you were playing with fire. If you dialed there might be no going back.

When you got back to the club you ordered the strongest whisky they had.

Gavin walked over with Jessica. "Back again?? What's up?"

"Rosie's stressing me the fuck out dude."

He laughed. "Classic. See this is what happens with relationships. I don't know why you bother with that shit, I mean look at us - we're young, hot and famous. We're in the prime of our lives. I'm enjoying it way too much to let one girl handcuff me."

To be honest his lifestyle did seem pretty fun - but it wouldn't be worth losing such a special girl for. "But Rosie's different, she's not like other girls..."

"Yeah? What's so great about her?"

"She's just a great girl, her personality..."

Gavin scoffed. "You can't put your dick in a personality. Ain't that right Jess?"

Jessica just giggled dumbly, agreeing with everything he said.

Gavin continued, "And is she really that great? Seems like she's just jealous and drags you down. There are tons of great girls out there anyway, you can pick whoever you want when you finally settle down. But trust me, when you're a star the single life is much more fun."

Jessica giggled. "We have a bet. Gavin says you last another month before you finally give in to one of your fangirls. I say you don't last another two weeks."

"I'm not going to cheat on her" you muttered.

"Awww so loyal" Jessica pouted, teasing you. "You and your little girlfriend. Well we'll see how long that lasts." They chuckled at each other.

Even though you were mad at Rosie it pissed you off hearing that. You didn't actually want to break up with her, you two went way back and you knew your bond was special. Now besides Rosie you were annoyed at Gavin and his side hoe too. You were just in a bad mood about everything.

"Hey! Another drink please."

When you stumbled home late at night Rosie wasn't in bed like you expected. You checked your phone but there was no text or anything from her. However, there was one from Lisa.

"Type of bitch ass bullshit is this" you muttered

"Type of bitch ass bullshit is this" you muttered. Whatever, you thought. She's just doing it for attention. She'll be back soon enough. You flopped down on the bed and passed out.

When you woke it was a surprise not to have Rosie next to you like usual. It was a lonely feeling. It didn't help to think that on Friday she would be leaving for Blackpink's concerts in Japan. Deep down you knew you should apologize to her, but your stubborn ego managed to convince you she was overreacting.

A couple hours later there was a knock at the door. About time she got over herself, you thought. However when you opened the door you were face to face with Jun instead, and he didn't seem happy.

"We need to talk. I've held my tongue as long as I can but this shit's gone too far. You're not yourself (y/n), the fame is changing you and it's hurting your friendships. It's especially affecting Rosie... I feel so bad for her, she's such a sweet girl and she doesn't deserve this."

You sighed impatiently. "Oh great, so now you're taking her side too? Wtf man, I thought you were my bro."

Jun breathed through his teeth, trying to control his anger. "I'm not taking her side. I've noticed it too - we all have, Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa. And I am your bro, which is why I'm trying to stop you before it's too late and something happens you regret the rest of your life."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Like losing Rosie."

You scoffed. "Are you kidding? She loves me too much, she'd never leave me. "

"Only if you love her back!! Yeah she loves you like crazy, but you're taking her for granted and it's tearing her apart. Do you really expect her to hang around forever when she feels like she doesn't matter??"

"She knows she matters, stop freaking out Jun."

"Well that's now how she feels!"

"How would you know??"

"Because she told me."

You laughed coldly, banging your fist on the counter. "Fucking great, now the two of you are getting cozy behind my back. Anything else I should know?"

"You're a really ungrateful little fuck, you know that? The only reason I was with her was to help you two."

"Yeah? Then tell her to be proud of me for once instead of complaining about everything."

"Ever think maybe she has a valid reason to complain?? You barely spend any time with her, you're always at the club, then she has to think about all the time you're with Mamamoo, not to mention Hwasa..."

"Hah, at least Hwasa's happy to see me succeed and doesn't turn into some insecure-"

Jun shoved you back hard, surprising you. You and him had bickered about little things, but this was the first time you'd seen him actually get mad.

"(Y/n) you listen to me right now and listen good. Don't you dare compare that Rosie to that slut - the day your fame dries up Hwasa will disappear. Let me remind you Rosie loved you before anybody even knew who the fuck you were. She put up with people saying you were a loser and she could do better because she saw something in you from the beginning. Like fuck (y/n), you wouldn't even be playing pro if she hadn't got you the job in Korea. If you wanna throw our friendship in the trash then fuck it, see if I care. But I'm not gonna let you hurt her like that - do even realize what an angel you have? She's one in a million, you're one of the luckiest people on the planet to get to date her. Jisoo and I love each other, but even we admit we don't have the close bond you two have - or had if you keep this up. I'm not playing around (y/n). One day she's gonna decide she's had enough, and when shes gone you'll never replace her."

You breathed out heavily and leaned on the counter, trying to process what he had just said. You hadn't expected him to snap like that - you hadn't thought it was this serious.

"Another thing," he continued, "did she even tell you that she was the one who risked her life to save you from drowning?? She jumped off the waterfall and swam you back to shore."

That was a slap in the face. You fell silent. "No, she didn't tell me that."

"You think that bitch Hwasa would've done that for you?"

"No" you said quietly.

"You can brush me off now (y/n), but you better not come crying later talking about how you were so stupid and you'd give up everything just to have her back."

He calmed down a little, but his tone was just as cold. "Look, I can't change your mind for you. I just hope you realize your plate is filling up so fast you better watch what falls off the end."

He walked out before you got a chance to say anything.

***