Chapter 40

Maya's POV:

I was getting much better. The fever finally went away after two more days. To celebrate, Riley and I went to a cute little coffee shop and bought two small hot chocolates and a huge cookie to share.

Only a few other people were at the shop. While we devoured our cookie, we gave each other small little pecks. Many people aww'ed, some stared in disgusted. So we kissed even more.
---------------------------------------------
Lucas's POV:

We spent our weekend in the car, driving to random places, searching for Riley and Maya. I felt so angry, I don't know if that anger is towards them. I'm pretty sure it is though. I mean seriously, how would Riley ever agree to run away with Maya?

Today, we planned on searching other cities other than New York City. We stopped at a city north from NYC. Mr. Matthews parked the car and got up.

"What are you doin' sir?" I ask him.

"Come on, we're going to ask people if they've seen Riley or Maya anywhere." He replied, grabbing four pictures, two of Riley and two of Maya. He hands two of them to Shawn as we all closed the car doors.

"Shawn, you take Farkle and search over there. Lucas and I will be over there. In exactly half an hour, we all regroup here and share what we found out, ok?"

"Aww why do I have to take Minkus?" Shawn whines.

"Because I know he will annoy you, now get going!" Mr. Matthews commands.

"It's ok Shawn, I promise I won't annoy you too much." Farkle says as they walked away.
---------------------------------------------
Cory's POV:

"REALLY? WHERE?" I ask.

"I yelled out at her, but then her and her little friend ran off." He pointed across the street.

"When was this?"

"'Bout a week ago."

"Thank you sir for your help!" I wave as Lucas and I ran back to the car. I was so glad that at least someone saw them. Farkle and Shawn started walking back to the car as well.

"Cory, don't you EVER leave me with this thing ever again." Shawn says as he holds up Farkle by the back of his shirt collar.

"I was just telling him stories about my dad and I!" Farkle puts his hands up. Lucas and I both laugh.

"Anyway, we got no luck, sorry Cor."

"That's alright, we did!" I yell with excitement.

"REALLY? What is it?" Shawn grabs my shoulders.

"A man saw them running away North."

"That's great! Let's go!" We all hopped back in the car.
--------------------------------------------
Authors note:

Sorry this chapter is sorta short. Anyway, thank you guys for 15k reads <3!