Chapter 3

"Wow I was not expecting to see you here. Let me start over." He ruffled his hair and cleared his throat.

"Hey. You were the girl at that clothing store right?" Harry asked. I just nodded. "Hmm. You smile too much." And with that he was out of the room. I could NOT believe what had just happened. Here stood this cute boy, and he turns out to be a complete jerk!

"Umm, what just happened?" I asked Ellie. She stood there shocked too.

"I'm not completely sure. He's usually super nice." She answered. "Anyway, let's talk about our game plan. What are we going to do this weekend? We need to go shopping, see movies, and go to the beach!"

"Umm, were in the mountains, el." I said.

"There's a lake just a few miles away with the best beaches." She said. "I can see us now! Chilling on the beach getting our tan on, while my siblings wrestle in the water trying to kill each other. Doesn't that sound so fun!"

"Umm yeah I guess so. I would like to swim. The cool water sounds really nice." I said.

"Perfect! Then let's finish unpacking and get to tanning!" El said. We hoisted our suitcases up on the beds and put our clothes in the drawers and closet. Then we went downstairs to see what everyone else was up to.

"Mom is there anything in the car you need us to bring in?" Ellie yelled.

"No honey, I just need you to put everything in the fridge for me. And make it organized!" She yelled back. I started taking things out of bags while Ellie started putting things in the fridge.

"Alexa, play y/n and Ellie's playlist."

"Starting y/n and Ellie's playlist." The Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine started playing. We looked at each other and smiled. Ellie started singing.

"Happiness, hit her. Like a train on a track."

"Yes Ellie! Get it!" I yelled.

"Now you y/n!" She pointed at me.

"The dog days are over! The dog days are done! The horses are coming, so you better run!" I belted. Suddenly we hear the floor creak and look to find Harry smirking by the kitchen door.

"Alexa stop!" El yelled. "What do you want Harry?"

"I just wanted to see if you needed any help. And I came to apologize." He stepped closer to me. "I didn't mean to say that you smile too much. Your smile is beautiful. I'm just a photographer and I notice people's face shapes, and how their smile effects their eyes. Your eyes are gorgeous and I think even more beautiful when you look serious. As do you."

I was in shock. I wasn't expecting any sort of apology and definitely not one like that.

"Thanks. I guess. Friends?" I asked. I put my hand out for him to shake.

"Friends." He said. He shook my hand and smiled at me.

"Alexa play!" Ellie said. We were all just dancing around and singing at the top of our lungs for a while. Life was pretty good.