16

WARNING: THERE IS A SOMEWHAT TRIGGERING SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER, SO IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED EASILY, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS.

I wrote a chapter that's actually decent, even though I wrote part of it while I still felt like crap. I don't exactly feel good now, but I feel better.

I'm fourteen.

-

"Do you guys just sit here and watch TV?" Nyx asks.

The boys, Nyx, and I have just been sitting on the couches for the past hour, watching random stuff on TV.

Ashton had moved to the couch Michael and Calum are sitting on, so Luke and I could sit together on a couch. Calum looked strangely mad that Ashton had moved to his couch, and I wasn't really sure why.

Nyx is to the left of me, and Luke is to my right, holding my hand.

"Pretty much," Ashton says, answering Nyx's question. "We eat food, too."

"Why don't we do something fun?"

"Eating is fun," Calum says.

"I think it's boring."

"You don't have to be here. You're the one who stalked Luke and Xyla here, and you're lucky we're letting you stay. If you don't like what we do, you can always leave."

Nyx stands up and starts for the door, and I try to follow her, but, to my surprise, Ashton stands and says, "I'll go get her."

I'm already halfway to the door, and I hesitate and look at him. "Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says. "I'll be right back." He walks past me and outside, and I turn and slowly walk back to Luke.

"Calum-"

"I'm sorry," he says, cutting me off. "But she was being annoying." He stands up. "Mikey, do you know any sluts?"

"Why?" Michael asks, looking uncomfortable.

"I need to get out of here and just do something. I don't care who it involves, but I need to touch someone."

"Calum, you just touched a girl-"

"Michael!" Calum shouts, causing Michael to quickly pick his phone up from its spot on the couch.

He taps something on the screen, then holds the phone to his ear.

"Hey, Ems." There's a pause, and I glance at Luke before looking back at Michael. "Do you know my friend, Calum?" Another pause. "Oh, okay. He'll be there soon. Bye." As soon as he hangs up, his face hardens and he digs a pair of car keys put of one of the pockets of his pants, then shoves them at Calum's chest, causing the black and blond haired boy to stumble backwards slightly. "She said she's been waiting for you for a while now," Michael spits. "I'll text you her address."

Calum slowly tears his eyes from Michael's and looks at the car keys in his hands. Then he turns towards the door, but before he can make it far, Michael says, "I hope you fuck her."

Calum's eyes widen, and he turns back to Michael.

"I would never do that," he says. "You know that."

"For once, grow a pair and just fuck the damn girl. Maybe you can move in with her, and I won't have to see your face every day." With that, Michael turns and walks off further into the warehouse, leaving a very uncomfortable silence to settle over Luke, Calum, and I.

"I'm sorry," Calum says, hanging his head. "I'm so fucking sorry, Xyla."

"Cal," I say softly, walking over to him. "Hey, look at me." When he doesn't, I lift his chin with my pointer finger and see his eyes glistening with tears.