Epilogue

Dat's my face. One picture is obviously me trying to look like Mikey, and then one is just me looking like me.

Sorry for taking a while to update this, but I had to do research for this and go back and look at other chapters to make sure I got my info right. Like what days stuff happened and stuff like that. And I have a crap ton of hw, too.

I forgot to do a fact last update, so I'll do two this one.

I wear a lot of friendship bracelets that I make because I get bored and don't know what to do (I'm wearing eight right now and I'm working on another one).

I can sing (I think that's pretty obvious since I'm in a band, but I just wanted to clarify) but idk how, since the only people in my entire family who can sing are my brother and I, but he got voice lessons to make his voice better, so pretty much no one besides me in my family is a naturally good singer.

This was supposed to be in third person pov but it's really just kind of in Lilliana's pov oops.

-

[Third Person POV]

Lilliana walks down the hallway with purpose, her white heels clicking against the white marble floors.

She never signed up for this. She's the only Council member who has to do it, too. It isn't fair that she has to do this, but none of this system is fair.

She pushes open the white double doors, entering a large white room holding the ten teens.

"Hello," she says, her voice strong. She doesn't even look at the kids as she walks over to them. Instead, she stares at her clipboard, knowing that if she looks at them they'll all be glaring at her.

"Who the fuck are you?" one of them asks. The voice belongs to a boy.

Lilliana looks up at the kids, all of them giving her hate filled glares. She comes to a halt a few feet from them and looks over all of them, unsure of who spoke.

"Hey," the same voice says, and Lilliana's eyes immediately flick over to where the voice came from. "What are we doing here?" he asks, and the woman inspects his startlingly red hair.

She sighs and says, "You know why you're here." The blonde haired girl to the left of the red haired boy looks a bit pale. "What's your name?" she asks the girl.

The girl glares at her for a few moments, before saying, "Xyla."

"Xyla." Lilliana nods. "What's wrong, Xyla?"

"What's wrong? You fucking kidnapped us."

"You look pale."

"My handcuffs are on really tight."

"They're not being loosened."

"I never asked for them to be."

Lilliana rolls her eyes, embarrassed that she started an argument she couldn't win. She steps back a bit so she can see all of the teens clearly.

"The Council knows that teens touch. We know they do things they shouldn't. But you ten are special, because five of you have the power of affliction, and five of you are barely affected by being touched by someone who is afflictive."

"I know you think you sound really smart right now, but you just sound stupid," the tall blond boy says. "Just tell us what's going on."

Lilliana sighs again and looks down at her clipboard. "Michael, Ashton, Luke, Xyla, and Calum, step forward."

The kids glance at one another, and finally five of them step forward.

"According to what's written here, Luke and Xyla are the only two of you five who are aware of what you are. Correct?"