21

There's an important author's note thingy at the end of this chapter, so make sure to read it.

I used to steal when I was younger.

-

I'm not sure how long we stand like that, just holding on to each other.

When we finally pull away from each other, Exel asks, "What should we do?"

I sigh and say, "In the morning, they probably won't remember any of this, so maybe we should just pretend like it didn't happen. I don't think they meant to kiss."

He shakes his head. "I can't just act like my girlfriend didn't cheat on me."

"But she didn't, really."

He runs a hand through his hair and bites his lip. "She's never done anything like this before, so I don't know how to react. I just... I never thought she'd do this to me. I can't imagine how you feel."

"I imagine we feel the same, but I'm new to this, obviously. I don't know how to feel, or what to do."

He rubs a hand over his face and groans, then wipes under his eyes. "Let's just do what you said, and act like it never happened. It didn't mean anything to them." He walks back to the two drunk teens who are still laughing, and crouches down and picks Amsel up bridal style. "I'm going to take her home, do you need a ride?"

I look around and notice that Matty is nowhere to be seen. I don't see his car, either.

"Would you mind?" I ask.

"Nah. I'm going to go put her in my car, and if you can't get him to it by yourself, I'll help."

"Okay." I crouch down next to Luke. "Come on, Luke. We have to go."

He smiles and says, "Yay! Let's go!"

He throws himself on me, and I struggle to stand up with his weight, but I mange, and I slowly start to lead him after Exel, who's walking to a black Jeep.

"We probably shouldn't put them together in the backseat," Exel says, and I nod in agreement. He places Amsel in the passenger seat, and I place Luke in the backseat, then climb in next to him. Exel gets in the drivers seat and starts the car.

The ride is filled with tension, and the only time we talk is when I give him directions to my house.

Once there, we decide that all four of us should just sleep here, since I need his help to get Luke inside, and Amsel can't be left alone.

So, with difficulty, we get an asleep Luke and an almost asleep Amsel into my house and upstairs. Exel has one arm around Amsel and one around Luke, since he can hold both of them up, but I just have an arm around Luke.

We stumble into the guest bedroom across from mine and let Amsel fall on the bed, then we get Luke onto my bed, practically throwing him on to it.

I give Exel two pairs of sweatpants and two tees, and he gives me a grateful smile before leaving my room and closing the door behind him.

I let out a sigh before changing into a pair of pajama boy shirts and a tank top, making sure that Luke isn't awake and watching me. At least I sleep with a bra and underwear on, so if he saw me, then I'd be somewhat decent.

I don't understand how some people sleep without bras on. I wear an underwire bra during the day, and one without underwire at night. I can't just not wear a bra. It's weird.

With that strange thought in my mind, I crawl into my bed and pull the covers over Luke and I. I'm about to close my eyes, but then I notice how uncomfortable he looks. Skinny jeans probably don't feel good to sleep in.