25

Not that any of you care or have noticed, but I spell 'blond' two different ways. And that's how it's supposed to be, because if it's masculine or plural, it's 'blond'. If it's feminine, it's 'blonde', but it can be spelled 'blond', the preferred way is just 'blonde'. It really bothers me that when Luke or Ashton is mentioned in a story and they're described as having blonde hair. It's blond.

I know too many facts about writing.

-

[Nyx's POV]

"Don't you dare!" I say, slowly backing away from Ashton. He's holding a can of whipped cream and aiming it at me.

He smiles evilly and and lunges at me, and I squeal and move out of the way, causing him to fall to the ground.

I laugh so hard that tears are so forming in the corners of my eyes, and I exclaim, "If you had hit me, I would have hit the ground!"

"No you wouldn't have," he protests. "I would have caught you."

"Don't lie to me, Ashton. We both know I would have fallen."

"Well, yeah, okay. Fine. You would have fallen. Oh well. Man up."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Even if we did live in a world where we could date people, you would never get a girlfriend. You're too mean."

"Hey, baby, girls dig the bad boys."

I shake my head, and then I feel something cool hit my face.

I bring my hand to my cheek and feel light, fluffy stuff, and I glare at Ashton.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" I shout, and he bolts upstairs, taking two stairs at a time. I follow behind him, taking only one stair at a time, and I see him run into the bathroom and lock the door. "You're a fucking idiot!" I quickly run into my room and grab a bobby pin from my bedside table, then I run to the bathroom and crouch down in front of the door.

I bend the bobby pin to where it's almost straight, then take the side with the bumps and stick it into the bathroom door lock. I jiggle it around until I hear a click, and the bathroom door opens, swinging outward slightly.

I nudge it open more so I can step inside, and I see Ashton sitting in the bathtub, looking quite awkward as he aims the can of whipped cream at me.

"Stay back!" he says, trying hard not to smile. He tries to squirt the whipped cream at me, but his finger slips off the nozzle, and he drops the can, making it roll towards me and I pick it up, smiling like crazy. "Oh, shit." His eyes are wide and frantic, and he glances around, trying to find someplace to escape to.

As soon as he looks back at me, I spray the cream in his hair, and he sputters a bit.

I laugh and crawl into the tub beside him, laying my legs over his in a diagonal way so that my legs are over his and my feet are on his thighs, and his legs are beside mine, his feet beside my butt. We're both wearing jeans and socks, so it's okay for us to do this, since our skin isn't touching.

My back is against one side of the tub, and his is against the other.

We stare at each other for a few seconds, and I'm smiling while he's combing his fingers through his hair, covering them in cream. I'm not sure why he's doing that, since now the cream is in his hair and on his hands.

"I hate you," he grumbles, pouting.

"Aw, no you don't." I lean towards him and squirt some more in his hair, and his eyes widen.

"Nyx!"

I laugh and stumble out of the bathroom, quickly making my way back downstairs. As soon as I make it to my library, hands grab my waist and pull me backwards, and my back is soon pressed to my captor's chest. I tilt my head slightly to look up at Ashton, and he looks down at me. His golden curls are covered in white, and I glance down to see that his hands are covered in it, too.