23

The not updating for three or four days things isn't really working out for me. If I have the time to write you guys chapters within one or two days, then I should. And they're easy to write, since I like writing this book, and hopefully you guys like reading it.

Another useless talent of mine is that I can crack a lot of my bones. I can crack my toes, my ankles, my knees, my fingers, my wrists, my elbows, my shoulders, my back, my neck, my jaw, and parts of my ears.

-

"What are you doing here?" I ask, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind my ear.

He stuffs his hands in his hoodie and says, "I just wanted to see how you were doing. So... how are you doing?"

I smile. "I'm doing good."

He nods. "Good. Do you, uh, want to hang out?"

I hesitate for a moment, then say, "Yeah, come on in."

"You sure? You sound like you don't want to hang out."

"I do, I was just going to read tonight, but it's fine. Hanging out with you is more fun than reading."

He smiles slightly and I move to the side a bit so he can come inside. He gives me a small smile as he enters my house, and once he's inside, I close my door.

"You can read, if you want," he says, looking at his shoes.

"It's fine."

He runs a hand through his hair. "What were you going to read?"

I blush as I reply with, "The Fault in Our Stars."

"What's that?"

I gape at him. "Okay, I could understand if you haven't read it, but you haven't even heard of it?!"

He shakes his head and laughs, probably at the expression on my face. "I guess I'm going to find out tonight."

"You're not reading my book. I don't let people read my books. I don't even let Xyla read them."

"Why?"

"I just don't like people touching my books."

He grins. "Then I guess you'll just have to read to me."

I roll my eyes and start towards my library. "Come on."

-

[Xyla's POV]

"So, how did you meet Kellin and Matty?" I ask.

"We all went to school together," Luke says. Him and I have just been sitting on Kellin's couch for the past hour, watching TV. Neither Kellin nor Matty have come inside. "Kellin and Matty are going to be leaving around the same time Calum and Michael will, actually. We all went to the same school, until the four idiots dropped out, leaving only Ashton and I in school, and then I transferred here."

"Wait, if Ashton goes to school, then why is he always at the warehouse?"

"He's never gone to school for the first week. It's just his thing. So he should be starting Monday."

Luke seems to be getting better, but every once in a while he'll clutch his head or squeeze his eyes shut.

He groans and leans his head back on the couch.

"How long do hangovers last?" I ask, kissing his forehead softly.

"It depends on how much you drink the night before. Mine will probably last all day, so we probably should have just stayed at your house and asked Calum to drive us here tomorrow."