Its not what it seems

The next morning i woke up and Francis was getting dressed .

I didn't want to wake you but we have to all be in the throne room for George's punishment .

I thought he was punished last might .

He made a promise to me to protect you . When someone makes a promise to the king and breaks it his punishment is public .

Please tell me his family won't be there .

No Absolutely not the only people who will be there is the brotherhood.

I didn't feel right about it but it was just how things went here . Plus i already saved his back so i can't push it . We got dressed and we ended up kinda matching .

You looking ravishing if we don't get out this room soon we will never leave .

He kissed me deeply and we walked hand and hand to the throne room . I stood next to his throne . One of the men brought in this fence . They brought in George in nothing but his shirt. They bend George over the fence and tied   him to the base .

For stealing a promise to the king 30 lashes to the bare hindquarters with a leather strap . Do you have anything to say ?

Your majesties i hope that you will forgive me for my recklessness.

I gripped francis's shoulder hoping he would respond .

After the punishment is given just as our lord and savior forgives so shall I .

Francis nodded and man turned George away from us so his ass was facing us . Then he began laying lashes into George's ass . Lash after lash his ass got more red . George muffled his screams to coming out as grunts . With each slap of the strap i jumped i hurt for him . Finally it was over his ass was red they let his up and he rubbed his ass wincing in pain .

George you took that punishment like an honorable man all is forgiven .

The rest of the day went as usual Francis met with the brotherhood to find Carter . I went to check on the towns people making sure all were fed and to collect taxes . I felt bad for George having to ride .

Langton please stop checking on me a scalped ass never hurt anyone . I'm sure you have gotten your share of them .

Yes i have but i didn't have to ride a horse after . He assured me he was ok and we finished our rounds and as the day came to a close i went to see Ian .

You actually cane back to see me . You know if this is your prison cells i might as well stay here.

I'm glad your comfortable

As comfortable as i can be without Carter . Have you found a way to find peace ?

I'm still working on it but i have a plan . We need to find a way to get Carter and Francis to a neutral place. So none feels threatened no one can be ambushed .

Cater is never going to agree to meet him without armed men .

So we both come with only five men none more . They can talk it out and get to the root of the issue . Maybe seeing me will do to Carter what seeing you did to Francis .

Even knowing you exist made Francis send me to kill you  what do you think seeing you will do .

We have to find a way to get them to talk people can't keep dying for this .

I know and Island that might work for his secluded place . I can get carter there but I don't know how you are gonna get Francis there .

I can't get Francis there he wants what's best for the people and peace is what's best for them . How will you get Carter ?