midnight-shareef o'neal:)

Y/N I looked over at the blue digital figures, making out that it was 12:50AM. I'd been in bed since 9 and I hadn't been able to sleep.

It was a Thursday night and I had to wake up extra early for cheer practices tomorrow.  I was repositioning myself for the hundredth time tonight, getting under the warm covers and straightening my legs as I laid on my stomach.

All of a sudden, I heard pebbles knocking against my window. I lifted my head from my pillow, looking in the direction of my window.  I slowly got up, walked over to the window, and looked outside.

"Shareef, what are you doing here?!" I whispered loudly as he climbed up to my bedroom, using the bush as a boost and using the window ledges to get to my room.

"I couldn't sleep." He said, stumbling into my bedroom.

"Sh!" I hushed him, making sure that he didn't wake my parents.
  "Sorry." He said quietly, scratching the back of his neck as he leaned against the ledge of my window. 

"I'm taking you for a drive, come on." He said, looking at me and placing his hands in the pockets of his basketball shorts.

I smiled brightly. Late night drives with Shareef were always my favorite. I pulled on a large grey hoodie, fixing my black shorts, and slipping on a pair of slides.

Shareef snuck out of my window first, then I followed after him. I closed my window quietly and I ran to catch up with Shareef. I got into the passenger seat, wrapping myself in the white sherpa blanket I always left in his car.

Shareef started playing some music as he drove away from my house.  Shareef pulled into the parking lot of a park, waiting for me to get out so we can sit on one of the benches. Ahead of the park, there was a large body of water, making it feel even colder. I wrapped my arms around myself in hopes of keeping myself warm. 

"Um, Y/N?" Shareef asked.

"Hm?" I hummed, looking at him.

"I-I have to tell you something. I need you to promise me you won't be upset." He said, holding his pinky out for me to lock mine with him. My heart was beating out of my chest.

I wrapped my pinky around his, staring at the gap between us. 

"I promise." I said quietly. 

"So, you know how I've been seeing April, right?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

  "Yeah." I said, looking at the water ahead.

I already know what was coming. 

"Well, we made things official. I'm dating April." 

I blinked a few times, quickly wiping away the tear that was about to fall from my eye.

"Oh, that's great." I said, sniffling lightly. 

"You're not mad, are you?" He asked, trying to look at me.

"Of course I'm not mad, Shareef! I'm fine!" I said, walking away from him.

He quickly grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me closer to him.

"Let go of me, Shareef!" I fought him, trying to get out of his grasp. 

Not only had I been hiding my feelings for the past two years, but I've been afraid of losing my best friend. Shareef and I had been close ever since we started middle school. He was one of the only people that I trusted, and, as stupid as this sounds to me now, he was one of the only people that I allowed myself to catch feelings for.

I restricted myself from falling for anyone else just in case he wanted to date me one day.  It's the stupidest thing I've done in my entire life. 

"Shareef, I'm not gonna say it again. Let go of me." I said in a very mellow tone.

He let go of me slowly, removing his hand from my wrist. If I walk away, I'm walking away from an amazing friendship. If I don't walk away, I'll never stop restricting myself.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Shareef." I said, turning away from him.

I walked away, sobbing silently as I walked through the grass. I gasped for air, choking on my tears at this point. I got into his car, sobbing into my hands, breaking down. I don't care if he saw me crying right now, I just needed to let it out.  I wiped my tears with the sleeves of my hoodie when Shareef got into the car.

"I'm sorry." He said, looking at me sympathetically. I didn't say anything, I just looked forward, staring into space. Shareef dropped me home.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a tiny smile. I got out of his car, closed the door and headed into my house. 

"Holy shit, you gave me a heart attack," S/N whispered loudly, causing me to chuckle.

"Where were you?" She asked, fixing the strap of her tank top.

"Well, Shareef took me on a drive. H-he told me that um, that he's dating April." I said.

Tears brimmed my eyes once again but I squeezed my eyes shut, making them go away.

"Aw, come here Y/NN." S/N said, holding her arms out for a hug.

I dove into her arms, wrapping my arms around her torso tightly. 

-  The next day -

I woke up, dreading this day. I pulled on a pair of black ripped jeans and a red hoodie and my old school Vans after I took a shower. I grabbed my book bag and my car keys, beginning my drive to school. 

"Hey, Y/N," I heard as I grabbed my things from my locker, stuffing my cheer uniform in as well.

I quickly glanced to my left, seeing Shareef.

"Still ignoring me?" I let out a sigh, walking away from him.

  "I guess I'll see you in p.e!" He shouted as he turned around to go to his class.

-  Physical Education- 
I was walking around the track, speaking to F/N. I've recently started speaking to her and she seems pretty cool.

"Um, Y/N." She said, more like asking me.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at her.

She pointed to my left. I looked over, seeing Shareef standing on the bleachers with a bouquet of white roses.

"Y/N, I know what I told you last night may have come out as a shock to you. I'm really sorry. I-I just want my best friend back. Y/N, I know you're probably still upset with me, but will you be my best friend again?" 

I looked at F/N, scared that she'd tell me to not go back to him. Instead, she nodded her head in his direction. I smiled at her before turning back and running into Shareef's arms.

"I love you so much, Y/N." He said, squeezing me tightly. 

I smiled lightly. 

"I love you too, Shareef."

be sure to leave request and ideas!!!
also if your feeling nice vote!💘