you- Nico Mannion :)

I cry to my best friend Kayla.

"I miss him! I do. I miss the long conversations we had. I miss staying up at night, just talking to HIM! I miss his name popping up on my phone and I get all smiley and giddy when it does. I miss him telling me about his day and I miss him! I can't stop thinking about him!"  

Kayla rubs my arm as I continue to devour my emotions in ice cream. 

"Y/N, honestly, we're just looking out for you. There are so many other guys out there. You're not going to find the perfect one right away and you're not going to find you're husband right now. I only want you to be happy and I'm just looking out for you because I love you!" Kayla says.  

I wipe away my tears and eat another spoonful of ice cream.

"Thank you, I love you so much. My emotions are just so swamped right now and I have no idea how I feel and what I need right now. I think I just need help. I need therapy."  

Kayla laughs. She takes her phone and checks the time.

"I have to go girlie, I'm meeting my boyfriend at the mall...."  

I look at her and start crying, knowing I'm going to be a single pringle for life. Kayla hugs me tightly before leaving to see her boyfriend of three years.   I pick up my phone and start scrolling through Instagram.

I see a picture of Nico wishing his fans a happy Valentine's Day with a blurry picture of him smiling. I cry even harder because we stopped talking a couple of days before Valentine's Day.  

Don't do anything stupid, I say to myself.

  "Fuck me! I want to cry!" I sob to myself. 

He's probably moved on. I was just the one who was struggling to get over him.  

"I'm gonna do something I'm gonna regret, BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE ANYWAY!" I cry.  

I open up Nico's text messages and write:  

hey Nico. i just wanted to say that i miss you. i do, i really do. and i know this sounds pathetic and needy and hella clingy and you probably don't miss me. i just wanted to get this off my chest and let you know that i miss you a lot. i miss our conversations and i miss staying up talking to you. i miss you telling me about your day and i miss seeing your name pop up on my phone. i miss everything about you and i can't stop thinking about you. im sorry but i just wanted to get this off of my chest. ik you probably don't feel the same, and i wouldn't blame you. you don't have to respond, but i just wanted to tell you this.   I read it over and send it.  

I drop my phone on the floor, screaming. I drop my ice cream and spoon, screaming at the text I just sent. I scream and start wailing on the ground, sitting away from my phone.   A ding.   I rush over to my phone and see Nico texted back.

I shriek.

  Nico: hey, Y/N. i actually...i actually feel the same way. i miss you. i'm going crazy not talking to you. ik it wasn't fair that you had to wait for me but i understand now that you deserve all of my attention. i miss talking to you and see your good morning texts and seeing your beautiful face whenever we facetime. i promise to make more time for you love, and i promise to respond as soon as possible. i just want to keep talking to the girl i really like and the girl that makes me feel free.  

I start bawling even harder.

I'm an emotional wreck.  

omg, i thought you would never feel the same. Nico i'm willing to wait days for a response, even weeks. because you tell me every time that i'm the only girl on your mind and i trust  you. i trust you Nico and i want to keep talking to you and i want to try and make us work. i really do. can you facetime me? 

Nico: of course :)  I facetime and he immediately frowns.

"Oh no, have you been crying over me?"  I shake my head and laugh it off, wiping my cheeks of the remaining tears.

"No, I'm just..."

   "Please don't cry over me, love. I'm not worth crying over." Nico says soothingly.  

I laugh and wipe more tears away.

"I'm sorry, I'm just an emotional mess right now."  

"Please don't cry. I'm sorry I fucked you up, love.

Where in the U.S. are you right now?" Nico asks.  

"Nico, do not fly out to America just for me. I'm not worth it." I say. 

"Do not tell me who or what is worth my time because to me, you're worth it." Nico says with a small smile.  

I look at his adorable face and I can't help but smile myself. "I'm currently in San Francisco."

  "Great." Nico smirks and winks at me.  

I blush.

"How was your day, Nico?"  

"Good, actually. I get to talk to this amazing girl again and rekindle what was once lost. I get another chance with her and I'm looking forward to making the best of it."   I laugh.

"That sounds amazing. Who is this lucky girl?" 

Nico laughs.

"It's you, Y/n. It will always be you