how long?(part3)- sharife cooper :)

SHARIFE'S POV

Y/N walks out of the door. I hang my head down in my hands and sob. I wanted her back so bad, but if I let her back in, how would I know she wasn't going to hurt me again? I walk over to my bathroom and turn on the shower. I take off my clothes in which I have been living in for the past three days. I hop inside and let the hot water hit my hair and drip down my face.

I remember when we used to walk in the rain together and play in the puddles as if we were five. She and I both loved the rain and to play in it. Some days, when it did rain, we stayed inside and made some hot cocoa and made a nice fire to just cuddle by. But those days were gone. I remember when she and I would have pillow fights. I remember when I was away and we stayed up all night talking about our days and how much we missed one another. I remember when she did surprise me with a nice dinner.

I remember when we got this house together we fucked everywhere, and I still laugh about. I turn off the water and grab a towel, drying myself off and wrapping the towel around my waist. I move into my room and put on a fresh pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I return back to the bathroom and brush my teeth, removing the taste of alcohol from my mouth. After I finish, I move around the apartment and begin to tidy up. I pick up the pieces of garbage cluttered in the living room and straitening up the pillows.

I wipe down the coffee table and spray some febreze to freshen up the room. I move into the kitchen and run the dishwasher and was the leftover dishes in the sink. I then clean up the kitchen counters and throw out the trash. I then head over to my room and clean up my room and my closet. I take out my phone and dial Josh.

"Hey Gupp!"

" What's up?"

"I need your advice. (Y/N) came over and we argued about getting back together. I don't know if I should or I shouldn't." I confess.

"That bitch? Don't, man. She left you and cheated on you. You gave her everything and she's the the dumb one for leaving you. No one else is going to spoil her like you did. No one is going to care for her the way you did and no one ain't ever going to brag about her the way you did." Josh replies.

"So what you're saying is..."

"Don't get back with her." He says sternly.

"Okay...thanks for the advice." I mumble.

"Anytime shortstack. See you later!" Josh hangs up and I toss my phone onto the couch.

I was torn apart. My heart was telling me to get back with her, not matter if it was going to bring me pain. However my mind was telling me no because I know better. I walk over and retrieve my phone from the couch. I never blocked her number, so I go against my best bro's advice and call her.

SIMP ALERTTTTTT

"Hello?" Her sweet voice answers.

I wait a couple of seconds before I respond.

"Hey."

"Hey Sharife. What's up?" She asks.

"Would you like to grab a cup of coffee? Right now. And maybe we could have a more adult conversation at the cafe?" I ask.

She laughs lightly.

"I would love that. I'll meet you at our cafe at eight tonight."

"Sounds great, see you later."

"You too." She hangs up and I sit on my couch, wondering what the hell just happened.

***
I sit at the table, with my latte and Y/CF/O for Y/N. It's fifteen past eight.

"I should have never come here." I mumble to myself, getting up.

The door of the cafe opens and I see Y/N walk in.

"Hi, sorry I'm late." She says.

I shake my head. "It's fine."

She looks down at her Y/CF/O and smiles.

"Aw you remembered." I let out a small chuckle.

"How could I forget the order of someone who broke my heart?" She glares at me.

"I'm sorry, Sharife. I truly am. I want to start over again with you. I miss you."

"Well how do I know you're not going to cheat on me again?" I ask.

"Because I know I won't. I know now to appreciate everything and appreciate you because you've done so much for me and I took it for granted." She says, reaching for my hand.

I take her hand graciously, squeezing it as tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

"I miss you too. I guess...we can try again."

She smiles and I laugh.

The two of us continue to sip on our coffee as we catch up and revive the spark that was once lost.