soundtrack

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
- Victor Hugo

Someday Soon – Harlem
"And you'll say please help me out. I promise not to do it again, whatever I did to you"

The Less I Know the Better – Tame Impala
"I said better late than never, just don't make me wait forever"

Borrowed World – Widowspeak
"I never paid any mind. I'd rather give up all my time to you, living in a borrowed world with you."

when the party's over – Billie Eilish
"Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin', but nothin' ever stops you leavin'. Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own."

The W.A.N.D. – Flaming Lips
"They've got their weapons to solve all their questions, they don't know what it's for. Why can't they see it's not power, just greed, to just want more and more?"

Sun Tan – The Wallows
"Why does the sun set, baby? I'm trying to get my sun tan."

listen before i go – Billie Eilish
"If you need me, wanna see me, better hurry, cause I'm leaving soon. Sorry can't save me now."

Good Day – Surfaces
"Spent all of our time outside, all day, doin' whatever we like, our way. Didn't need a wall to build a new space."

Have it All – Jason Mraz
"May you know the meaning of the word happiness. May you always lead from the beating in your chest. May you be treated like an esteemed guest. May you get to rest. May you catch your breath"

Dancing with your Ghost – Sasha Sloan
"Never got the chance to say a last goodbye. I gotta move on, but it hurts to try."

Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
"Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright."

I Fought the Law – The Clash
"I needed money 'cause I had none. I fought the law and the law won."

Cigarette Daydreams – Cage The Elephant
"You can drive all night, looking for the answers in the pouring rain. You wanna find peace of mind."

Smoke in My Coffee – Sandollar
"Losing the things I lost but keeping the things I got. I got the smoke in my coffee, and a bottle of whiskey."

Let's Fall in Love for the Night – FINNEAS
"Let's fall in love for the night and forget in the morning. Play me a song that you like you can bet I'll know every line."

The Raft – Fat Freddy's Drop
"And though my people may not be many, we are ready for the storm to come. And though my people may not be many, we are ready to be strong as one."

i love you – Billie Eilish
"What the hell did I do? Never been the type to let someone see right through."

Lookalike – Conan Gray
"'Cause he looks a lot like I did back then. Baby don't lie. He's just a lookalike."

I Saw You in a Dream – The Japanese House
"All good things come to an end, but I thought that this might last."

Waves – Dean Lewis
"A feeling I thought was set in stone, it slips through, my fingers. I'm trying hard to let go. It comes and goes in waves and carries us away."

Forever – Lewis Capaldi
"Nobody said that it would last forever, but that doesn't mean we didn't try to get there."

Lost in Yesterday – Tame Impala
"And you're gonna have to let it go someday. You've been diggin' it up like Groundhog Day, 'cause it might've been something, don't say, 'cause it has to be lost in yesterday."

"I stayed under, letting the cold water engulf me. For a brief moment, I felt myself disassociate. My life was unrecognizable to me anymore... It would be so easy to let myself sink to oblivion down here."

*I do not own the characters or setting of this book. The only characters that belong to me are the members of the Milford Family. All other credit goes to Jonas Pate and the creators of Netflix's Outer Banks*