eleven

"Oh my God," Kie said, standing up.

"They're alive?" I asked, standing up as well.

"Oh my God, they're alive," Pope screamed, jumping out of his seat.

JJ stood up and picked me up, spinning me around.

"They're alive," he whispered, kissing me before putting me down.

I looked over and saw Pope kiss Kie, and smiled. It made me so happy to know that I had helped them find out their friends were still out there.

"I can't believe they're actually alive. Should we call him back and ask if he knows any way we can get in contact with them?" Kie said.

"I don't think he would know how, but it's worth a try," Pope said.

Kie picked her phone up, calling the guy back. The phone rang twice before he answered again.

"Hi, this is Kie, the girl who just called," she said.

"Yes, is there anything else I can help you with?" the man asked.

"I was just wondering if you knew any more information about the two people your captain picked up, like how we could get in contact with them?" she asked.

"Well, I can talk to the captain and see if he would be willing to talk to you and give you a call back tomorrow," the man said.

"That would be amazing, sir. Thank you so much for your help," Kie said.

"Of course. I'm glad I could be of help," he said, hanging up the phone.

We all looked at each other before jumping up and down again, unable to control our excitement at the news we had just received.

"We should celebrate," I said.

"Kegger?" Kie suggested.

"I can go pick the kegs up," JJ said.

"I'll go with you. Someone's gotta help with the heavy lifting," Pope said, flexing his arms.

Kie and I looked at each other and burst out laughing at the stupidity of the two boys. The stared at us, confusion written across their faces.

"You guys go ahead. We'll chill here and get cups and shit," I said, smiling.

"See you later, boys," Kie said, shooing them out of the house.

I tossed JJ the keys to my car as they walked away, praying that he didn't wreck it. Now that I cut my family off, I couldn't afford to fix the car if anything happened.

Kie and I walked over to the kitchen, searching for solo cups in the cabinets and the pantry. Once we had found an acceptable amount of cups, we plopped down on the couch.

"So, you and Pope still doing well?" I asked.

"I don't know. Things got weird for a while when it was back to just being the three of us. I'm hoping now that the air is cleared and our group is back together, the dynamic between us goes back to normal," she said, sighing.

"It got weird between you two?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think it was just because he didn't want to upset JJ any more than he already was. He was just kind of distant any time JJ was with us," she said.

"Well, I'm sure everything will be okay now," I said, trying to reassure her.

"I hope so," she sighed.

"Wanna smoke and take your mind off it? I brought my stash when I left my house," I said.

"Is that even a question?" she said, laughing.