Chapter 17

Kenna and Jet left the three Eevees with Faith as they both went off to gather more berries.

Destiny yawned loudly and she rubbed her eyes with a paw tiredly. Faith noticed that all three of them were exhausted. She assumed that they didn't sleep very well sense the attack that took place last night.

Zeka even noticed their exhaustion when she entered Faith's den. "Are you three alright? You look exhausted."

"We're fine..." Destiny mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Faith asked. "If you are unable to complete your lessons today, that's fine. We can continue them tomorrow if you'd like."

All three of the young Pokémon shook their heads. "No... We're fine. We'll have enough energy once we have a few berries."

"If you say so... Your parents went out to gather more berries for the village. They should be back shortly." Faith told them.

After a few minutes of waiting, Jet and Kenna returned with two baskets filled up with many different kinds of berries.

Justice, Destiny and Charity took a few Sitrus berries out of the baskets before their parents went to put the rest in the berry pile for the other villagers to eat. Once they were finished, their energy was restored enough for their lessons.

"Are we ready to go meet the Eeveelution spirits?" Zeka asked.

"We're ready" the children replied in unison. "But will we ever be ready enough to protect ourselves from the Dark One and fight him?"

Faith's ears went down from hearing that question. "To be honest, I'm not too sure. Natsuko was pretty strong with the shadow force that corrupted him. The Dark One would definitely be a much stronger force than any other Shadow Pokémon we dealt with. He wants to take over the village and he'll stop at nothing to do just that.

"We must be ready for the fight in order to protect our home with our lives. The Shadow Pokemon War is coming! And when it comes, we should be ready! We will eradicate the enemy and become strong!" As Faith said her final words, her ears perked up in determination. "We can do this! We will do this! This is our home and we should stop at nothing to protect it!"

"That was an excellent speech!" Faith turned to see Clairvoya standing in front of them at the den entrance. "It's fit for a strong, wise and noble leader." She smiled.

Faith smiled back at her. "It's time for us to go meet the Eeveelution spirits."

Indeed. However, This may be our final lesson before things become chaotic I'm afraid." Clairvoya replied.

Faith stepped forward and asks, "What do you mean?"

"I have a feeling that the attack from last night was only the beginning. My predictions expect something big will happen."

Justice, Destiny, and Charity trembled in fear from Clairvoya's warning.

"We must be fully prepared before that happens" Zeka stated.

"And we will! We still have time!"

"I hope you're right Faith..." Destiny replied.

The group then headed into the forest to the old Eeveeville location to meet the spirits. However, they were not aware that they were being watched in the shadows by Natsuko, Pyro and Sparky.

"What are we doing just waiting around! We should follow those pests!!" Pyro shouted.

"Shut it Pyromaniac..." Sparky shushed him. "We should not draw attention to ourselves. We need to follow them quietly so we can make a surprise attack."

"Fine..." Pyro mumbled in response rolling his eyes. The Shadow Eeveelution trio followed the group of heroes through the forest.

***
Meanwhile, when Faith, Zeka, and the three Eevees arrived at the Old Eeveeville location, they were greeted by the spirits.

"Greetings young Eevees. Shall we begin your final lessons?"

Before the Eevees had a chance to respond, the three Shadow Eeveelutions leaped out of the bushes.

"You won't be finishing those lessons I'm afraid! Looks like school is canceled today!" Pyro growled.

"Pyro?! Is that you?!" Faith asked in surprise.

"Yes it's me!! And we're taking these children if you don't mind! We have an even better lesson for them!"

Faith and Zeka stepped in front of the Eevees. "Not if we can help it!!" They growled through gritted teeth.

"Of course, I guess we're doing this the hard way..." Natsuko remarked.

At the same time, Pyro fired a Shadow Fire Attack, Sparky shot a Shadow Bolt attack  and Natsuko used Shadow Rush.

To their surprise, Faith and Zeka were unscathed due to a protection barrier that Destiny made.

"Nice work Destiny!" Faith and Zeka responded.

The three Shadow Pokemon growled. "Those children have already grown to be strong and clever fighters but don't think that you've won."

Justice, Destiny and Charity started charging Shadow Balls at the same time.

Natsuko, Pyro and Sparky just grinned in pleasure. "This'll be even more fun!"

The three Power Eevees fired their attacks, hitting Pyro and Sparky while Natsuko managed to dodge the attack and use Shadow Rush on Faith and Zeka. Both of them slid across the ground and bumped into a tree.

Natsuko then quickly picked up Destiny by the scruff of the neck.

"Get the others now!" He ordered.

Pyro and Sparky shook the attacks off and they quickly ran to pick up Justice and Charity.

"No!! They got the children!!" The spirits shouted.

Faith, Zeka and the spirits quickly ran after them but they easily lost sight of them in the darkness.

"NO!! What are we going to do now! What are we going to tell their parents! We promised them that they would be safe and we failed!" Faith panicked.

"We need to find them! Who knows what those monsters plan to do to those poor innocent little things!" Lydia sighed worriedly.

"I would expect something really bad, knowing the foul Dark One!" Sakura growled.

"We have to hurry and find them before it's too late. We can't stop searching until we find them." Faith replied.

________________________
A/N Finally an update for about a whole year without updating this. Sorry for the very long lack of updates but here's a few reasons why.
1.) I had writers block for a while (don't like that I have to admit it but yup) :/
2.) School (obviously 11th grade was pretty stressful
3.) Stress and loss of motivation (I lost motivation due to my English Teacher making me feel like I was terrible at writing. Never gave me a single A in her class unless it was with small quick multiple choice lessons but that was the system giving me my grades not the teacher)
Hope you enjoyed. More chapters coming soon. (The Next ones won't be a year to wait for)