Chapter 21

NATHAN'S POV

" I don't regret" I said looking at her .

When the door was opened  , I saw a nurse come in along with the doctor . I stood away from the bed so they can check Nina .

" Mrs . Hastings , how are you feeling today  ?"asked the doctor checking her file .

" Good , just pain around my waist " she said .

" Ok, the pain is temporary as you fell down it injured your  waist but with the medicines it will be alright . Till then you are not given permission to walk that means for few days you will need wheel chair . Check up every month  and also you will have to do eye check every month and take medicines . Your vitals are normal , discharge will be given to you in two hours so till then you can rest " said the doctor .

" Eye check up ? No one told me anything about " I thought .

" Mr. Hastings , Can you accompany me to do all the formailities of discharge?" Asked doctor looking at me  .

" Yes " I said following the doctor outside .

I saw Dad ,Julian  and Stephen waiting outside.  Seeing me Julian and Dad stood up and walked near the room . I saw Stephen looking at me and then he came near me .

" Doctor , Can I accompany you to wherever you are headed with him ?" he asked .

" Yes , you can as you know about the patient you can explain Mr . Hastings if he has any doubts regarding the case you can explain " said the doctor .

" Thank you " said Stephen.

We both followed the doctor inside his cabin where he told me about Nina's health and how the treatment should be done and care to be taken . He also explaines about her eyes . When I realised  that she kept it from us .

" Was she afraid of us ? Why did she  planned to not let us know . Dad also didn't  mention to me or was I the only one who didn't know about it ? I asked myself  and looked at the doctor .

" Any questions ?" asked doctor looking at me .

" No " I said when he handed me the file .

" You will get the discharge form from the reception counter " said Doctor .

" Thank you " me and Stephen said standing up from our seats .

We both started walking out to the reception counter .

" You know I don't trust you " said Stephen and stopped walking .

" I know that " I said and looked at him .

" I don't know what games are you playing but let me tell you if anything happens to  Nina in this coming 3 months I will kill you " said Stephen in angry tone. 

" I am not playing any games and I promise you I will cause no harm to Nina " I said .

But I knew he won't trust me so I continued.

" And after what I heard " I said but was cut off .

" What did you hear ?"   He asked .

" I heard  the conversation Stephen , and I know it was you . I don't  understand the thing Stephen why did you do that ? I mean you could have kept the recording with you and kept it hidden then why ?" I asked .

" You want to know why ? I knew that this will lead to something like this but  if I would have not told her at that point and if she came to knew about all this after it would have taken place then  she would have got hurt and she would have got more hurt when she would have heard about what Cara did to you . I love her but I know that I don't have any chance with her because she loves you and she even told me  that she will love you till her last breathe . She is crazy but I didn't wanted  to regret it later and I wanted her to be happy . So please I don't know what you are planning to do but please don't hurt her " said Stephen  .

" She is crazy loving an idiot guy like me " I said and chuckled.

" Yes she is " said Stephen .

" So , why was she hurrying up so much for the divorce  ?" I asked .

" Well she had this plan but I guess you should hear the  plan from her and now lets go and to the formailities  " said Stephen  .

"Ok " I said and started walking along with him .

That's when I realised that what Mom said before her death was true . She told me that Nina will always be there for me and I should never judge her but I did and that has created a problem like Cara .

Hope you like this chappie . Keep supporting my book .
Vote and Comment
Love,
Aarya❤❤❤