eight

besties! hiii! i missed y'all, sorry it's been so long but i'm baaaack!

olivia bid her best friends a goodbye as soon as they found out it was john b's dad's compass

olivia bid her best friends a goodbye as soon as they found out it was john b's dad's compass. she tried to clear her mind as she walked slowly towards figure eight, where she unfortunately lived, but something deep down was unsettling about the whole thing. she had a feeling and it was really not a good one.

once she arrived home as it was officially night and the crickets were chirping loudly in the grass, she sighed yet again and made her way towards the My Druthers because she did not want to face her dad and step mom because it'd always end up with olivia getting screamed at for being out too late with boys.

"evening sis!" sarah approached the opening of the boat and olivia jumped. sarah looked at her sister with confusion as to why she was startled because anyone could hear sarah cameron coming from at least a mile away. and why the hell was olivia so jumpy?

"why are you so jumpy?" she chuckled, olivia took in a breath. "weird day. you wouldn't understand." she shrugged. "tell me anyways. i'll try to understand."

"aren't you mad at me?" olivia gave her sister a look, sarah shrugged. "why would i be mad? you said you were sorry." she gave her the same look back but more of a sarcastic one.

"remember we'd always come on here to have sleepovers? we'd always lock wheezie out and she'd always tell dad?" the girls giggled in sync and told stories until they both fell asleep that night. sure, it was 3 in the morning but that didn't stop them.

the sun was shining brightly into the window of the large boat and olivia tried to push past it and fall back asleep again, it took a while at first because there was so much commotion already going on around her so when the sliding glass doors slid open and clanking metal woke her up even more, she got annoyed.

"wheezie, shut up." sarah groaned from above her, more metal clanked and olivia's eyes opened slowly. "that's not wheezie, sar." olivia rasped, "correct. yeah." john b's voice made sarah shoot up in shock. "sorry." the brunette boy looked to olivia with compassion, "it's okay i was awake anyways." she lied.

"what are you doing?"

"i'm just dropping off some scuba gear." john b stated the obvious and the metal clanked again. "what are... what are you guys doing here?"

sarah scrunched her nose, "it's our boat?" olivia rolled her eyes as she shut them again but sat up on her elbows. "it's also the only place with air conditioning." olivia added and stared at his awkward posture. "did you um... top up the tanks?" sarah asked making john b gulp.

"no.. no the power's down so the compressors were off." john b lied and looked to olivia for reassurance to which she shrugged. "so you're sneaking onto our boat at 5:00 a.m. with empty tanks? i'll be sure to tell ward." sarah jokes, she sounds like she's serious.

"okay.. okay." john b felt his heart drop at the sound of that but olivia hit her sister lightly in the arm. "sarah, quit he's fine. john b you're fine. it's okay you didn't top the tanks, we'll do it another time." she reassured him with a pretty smile on her face. he felt his cheeks heat up and he cleared his throat.

john b was nervous now and asked sarah what she was actually gonna tell ward. the two got into a small argument and sarah pulled the card, "maybe you should get better friends." which made olivia scoff. "maybe you should get a better boyfriend." she got up and grabbed her phone to check the time. "like one who doesn't poach?" sarah smirked, "like one who doesn't try and drown everyone he sees." olivia's blue eyes narrowed at her sister and watched her reaction turn to an uneasy one.

"please don't tell him." john b begs this time and sarah chuckles, "relax, i'm not gonna tell him. your secret's safe with me, john b." she smiled. "okay, you can leave now." sarah turned and laid back down.

olivia saluted to her best friend to which he chuckled softly at and did it back, walking out of the boat and leaving.

she couldn't fall back asleep so she decided to take her surf board to the water and surf for a few hours.

walking up to her clothes, she feels arms wrap around her. she gasped and in that case she used her fight or flight instinct and head butted whoever it was. "ouch, you bitch!" jj's voice was heard from behind her.

"don't sneak up on a woman like that bro." she smirked and grabbed her shorts. he held his nose which didn't bleed but was very red. "right i forget you're a psycho."

"a woman."

"right, anyways. wanna come scare john b with me?" she rolled her eyes, "no, i'd rather just go and watch you scare the shit out of him. makes me feel less of an ass and more of "i'm sorry john b i told him not to." with the puppy dog eyes." she smirked and put her shirt back on, jumping onto jj's back and having him walk the rest of the way to the cut while she was dead weight on his back.

she hopped off his back once they got to john b's small house and jj giggled, "watch this." he winked, banging on the door heavily, "DCS open up!" olivia gasped, "you're a total douche."

"i know, follow me." he gestures and grabs her hand to follow him to the side window she peers in and sees john looking around and jj takes this as an opportunity to bang on the window really loudly and make john b jump out of his skin. "gotcha slick." he giggles some more and runs towards the front to come inside.

the two boys and olivia had been driving now for a bit and olivia had fallen asleep in the back since john had woken her up at 5:00 a.m. and she couldn't fall asleep again after that. "livvy poo, we've arrived at our destination." jj had his cute little girl voice on and he shook her awake. she groaned and pushed at him but missed. he started to bite her cheek and blow raspberries to it and she finally pushed him off of her and got out of the car. "you are the worst type of human juniper."

"i know,you've told me." and he went back to talking with john b who then took her hand and intertwined their fingers so they were now walking together, olivia felt her cheeks heat up at this and smile. "you know what this house looks like?"

"whoever lives here smokes too much weed." jj agrees and olivia sighs dreamily. "weed, my best friend."

"i thought i was your best friend?" jj looks offended, "no i don't actually like you." she shrugs and john b stops them from walking any further when he heard a crash.

____
|kaylee's note|

edited

wow it's been like a million years it feels like i'm sorry. things have been going on and i went back to school so i've been like super busy but hey! i'm baaack 😏

missed you ❤️
-kaylee🦋