twenty-two

olivia's point of view

i was sitting across from sarah as the smirk on her face deepened, "you're so going down." yet for some reason, she thought she was winning. "girl no you're not. i've got uno." yeah okay so we were playing uno. it's our thing. we rarely get to play it nowadays with the whole gold thing, the whole big john thing, and piling onto that.... a john b thing.

it was now dark and neither of us realized what exact time it was but who cares. twin days are the best days. and again. we rarely get to have these things anymore.

"oh you've got uno huh?" sarah laughs victoriously as my cards keep multiplying. "come on!" i laugh too. seeing the smile on sarah's face made me happy. she just made me happy and as much as i don't like my father, i love him for giving me a built in best friend. anyways, back to our game.

"uno!" sarah yells triumphantly at the top of her lungs. "yeah let's go uh huh!" she was doing a little dance when the door creaked and sarah and i froze. we were the only ones home right now since our dad was at the police station for something.

i smiled softly seeing who it was, john b. but his expression didn't match mine. he was cold and his face was hard with anger or sadness, i couldn't really tell. something caught my eye as it flashed in the dim light of the room. my heart dropped from my chest and soon enough, sarah saw it too. shit.

"john b why do you have a gun?" sarah's voice was low, it seemed like she didn't want to raise her voice even a little bit, she was scared of the boy in front of us. she set her cards down slowly and then looked towards me. "olivia. we need to talk. alone." oh my god. this is some freaky shit! is my boyfriend totally about to shoot me? what did i do wrong?

i got up and looked back at sarah with fear in both of our eyes, she panicked but again, she thought that if she made any sudden movement, she'd be next.

john b grabbed my hand and pulled me with him and my heart was racing. like to the point where i seriously need to sit down cause i'm about to pass out. i'm freaking out. my boyfriend is literally gonna shoot me in my own hou-

"did you tell your dad about the gold?" his voice was steady, he finally looked me in the eye and once he did, i saw the hazel eyes i long to look into, all swollen and my boy had been crying. "wh-what? why would i tell my dad about the gold? i barely tell that man shit." it was my turn to grab his hand since once he closed the door behind him, he dropped mine and i felt empty without at least a bit of him touching me.

"then how'd he know." he looked down at our hands now, mine was shaking and his voice was softer this time because of it. he knew i was scared. he knew i would be if he brought a damn gun into my house with plan to use said gun.