twenty

the morning was crisp and the cameron family had just woken up from a very long night

the morning was crisp and the cameron family had just woken up from a very long night. olivia was brushing her teeth when sarah stepped into her room with a look of regret or sadness on her face, olivia couldn't really tell.

"i broke up with topper." was the first thing she said, olivia spat out the toothpaste and looked towards her sister with a sort of dullness in her own eyes. "good."

walking past sarah, olivia didn't even flinch when she accidentally bumped her shoulder out of pure anger. once she was in the kitchen and saw rose making her coffee, she sat at the counter after getting a glass of water. "morning." she muttered to her step mom and rose only gave her the cold shoulder. maybe it was because she begged her dad to let a pogue live in their house rent free, or maybe it was because she hadn't spiked her coffee yet and she was just a little on edge.

car doors slammed and olivia shot up from her spot at the counter, almost dropping the glass of water she held and darted towards the front door to see john b, he looked scared and way too nervous but he still kept his face looking calm but no matter if you knew him or not, you could tell he was uncomfortable with this new change in scenery since the chateau.

"john b!" she ran to him so fast, no one even noticed before she was in his arms, hugging him so tightly he almost wheezed. "hi beautiful." he whispered in her ear before pulling away and earning a kiss on the cheek, in front of her dad it was just a kiss on the cheek, we all get it. PDA makes people uncomfy, especially in front of ward cameron who was simply just standing there with his hands on his hips and a little smile on his face.

"come with me." it was more a command than anything even if she already had pulled him along by the hand that wasn't clad in a cast. he barely even caught up before he stumbled behind her. "this is your room." they were already up the stairs and in front of an open door with a large bed that looked like a king would sleep in, it was probably a king bed if he was being honest.

his eyes widened at the room nonetheless and whistled impressed, "and if you ever need anything, my room is right across the hall." she winked at him and sat on the edge of the bed. he walked closer to her and she paused while
placing her hands on his chest, "also, i sleepwalk and like only to this room for some reason so if i randomly just show up in here in the middle of the night and end up right next to you..." she trailed off, "you just want me to roll with it? get used to it?" she nodded with a smirk and pulled him down to her face but a throat cleared and she pushed him away as fast as he was pulled in. "olivia jane cameron, you've already broken the first rule and what is that first rule?" ward was standing there, arms crossed, that dad look on his face, you know the one.

"stay out of each other's rooms." he finished for her because her face gave it all away, she's never heard that rule in her life but it was put into action the moment her boyfriend entered the cameron residence. "picture this right here as a boundary." he pointed to the threshold of the door and where the two color coordinated wooden floors connected and gestured for her to leave the room. her eyes rolled so far she thought they'd be stuck like that but she did as told and skipped off and into her own room. just across the hall.