seventeen

"olivia!" a loud yell came from the dock of the cameron's mansion

"olivia!" a loud yell came from the dock of the cameron's mansion. "olivia cameron get over here!" it was jj. why was he yelling? and why did he look so mad?

"jj? what are you doing here?" he looks at her dead in the eyes, some sort of anger within his blue ones and he just stares at her in rage. "jj what is going on? what happened?" then after about 15 seconds of jj's glare into her own blue eyes, he grabbed her arm, not as rough as his face looked though.

"what is going... on..." olivia trails off when she sees pope heyward with a black eye and a tear stained face standing not as head held high as he always did on the boat. "pope, who did this to you?" she rushes over to him and cups his face in her small hands but he just looked beyond her, he couldn't bare to look in her eyes because he knew that if he did, he'd start to cry even harder. show weakness when all he wanted to do was be strong.

"your brother and that asshole topper did this to him, olivia. that's who!" jj's voice was laced with venom and more anger than he could ever feel towards her brother. her eyes widened at the statement and she looked between the two boys, jj's face never faltering from the hard expression and pope's face facing away from her with tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "pope, is this true?" her voice was soft but not soft enough to be unheard.

he finally turned his head to look at the shorter girl with those big blue concerned eyes and he broke down. "yes." the same broken expression on his face matched that of his voice and she choked up. "what are you gonna do?" jj looked over at her now serious face with a hint of more than just anger in it and he smirked, more at olivia than pope.

pope looked up and wiped the tears from his chocolate brown eyes and grabbed her hand to guide her into the boat. she instantly regrets asking him because now their boat is going in the same direction at topper thornton's house and the boat paused. shit.

"2020 malibu, 24-MXC. world's finest wakesetter. number one is quality, luxury, and performance." he nodded his head towards the boat the pogues passed the other day, the one jj was so interested in. "this is war, pope." jj tells him. "they hit us, we hit them."

the only girl in the boat sat back and decided not to argue with the boys because she knew that if she did, the votes would overrule and she'd be fucked, more than topper's boat as pope jumped into the water and swam towards it.

next thing she knew, pope was already back at the latter on the side of the boat and jj was praising him as he held a plug in his hands. "olivia." pope caught her attention, "yeah?"

"you guys can't tell anybody." he tells her and she nods while jj also agrees. "not kie, not john b, nobody."

"yep. lips are sealed, gimme that." jj takes the plug from his hands and throws it into the water. "promise liv?"

"promise."

___

olivia's eyes were closed listening to the thunder, waves, and the soft conversation the four others were having at that moment. all she thought about was that day and what happened with pope and how she would go about screaming at rafe without rafe thinking she was in love with him or something because that's pretty much what he teased her about her whole life. and now that they're older, he gets to tease- more like torture her with being friends with pogues. the people who make her feel more at home than when she's actually staying at her house.