eighteen

the two teenagers walked along the pavement hand in hand as they made their way towards the man selling tickets to get on the ferry, to their dismay, the man was already packing up to leave and so was the ferry they were trying to board

the two teenagers walked along the pavement hand in hand as they made their way towards the man selling tickets to get on the ferry, to their dismay, the man was already packing up to leave and so was the ferry they were trying to board. "excuse me sir, are you sold out?" john b let go of olivia's hand and ran towards the man who had more than an unimpressed look on his face.

"you're not the only ones trying to get off the island." and with that he walked away, causing the pair to groan loudly. "you've got to be kidding me." olivia was now frustrated that they were too late to get tickets and get to the main land. john b paused to think before he grabbed the girls hand and dragged her with him, demanding her to follow. it's not like she wouldn't anyways, since his hand was around her wrist.

"hey so have you ever been on a tugboat?" he asked as his grip on her wrist loosened, "a what?" she chuckled, "you're not actually serious about this right?"

"we just gotta talk our way onto this barge. i got this. these are my people." he reassured her and separated from her side to go and convince one of the men to get them on that boat.

he used the sister ruse and begged the man as she stood with her hands on her hips, amused by his past statement that he'd totally get them on this boat. "so... your people?" which made him clear his throat with a chuckle. "they're booked."

"huh. well... if it weren't for me john b, you'd probably be stranded on some deserted island looking for some food, follow me." to which she took his wrist this time and pulled him towards the dock railing that had two big yellow rain coats and she threw one at him before putting the coat on and she almost gagged at the smell of it. like a mixture of fish and someone who hasn't showered in a week but this was going to help her get on the boat. no matter how badly it stunk and no matter how badly the person that wore this prior to her did too.

"grab a tank." she gestured towards the rusted metal gas tanks and started her fast pace towards the big boat. once the two were on, they put the gas tanks down and ran into an opening where stairs led to what looked like an engine room but who was really paying attention?

she paused and looked up the stairs, only to have john tug at her and push her towards another room that was dim and little to no light except for the red glow that was coming from above them.

as the boat roared to life, olivia almost lost her balance and john b caught her and kept her close. she looked over at him with a small smile on her lips and pulled away from his grasp to straighten up and pretend she didn't just blush a whole ton when their eyes caught each other's.

"we're moving." she confirms and tugs off the stinky rain coat in order not to smell the exact same as it and she watched john b do the same but not without drooling over his muscles flexing as he tried to shrug it off.