𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐎𝐫 𝐍𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥?

Betty's POV

"Jughead," I start, "where did this come from? Why so out-of-the-blue?" I ask, my arms crossed over my chest.

He seems to hesitate his answer, looking away as if he was thinking of the reason himself. "Betty... is it a yes or no?" He asks, turning his gaze back towards me.

I think for a moment, what does he want out of this! I can't accept his offer if I don't even know what he really wants. But I know he needs an answer now.

If I say yes, we have a street race, something illegal that we have gotten in trouble about many times. But if I say no, things will be the same, and I don't know if that's what I want.

"Fine," I agree, nodding my head.

"What?!" Sweetpea and Fangs yell in unison.

Jughead smirks to himself. "When and where?" He asks me.

"Thursday, at 12:00 pm, Sweetwater Bridge," I respond. That would give me at least three days to prepare everyone and get everything ready.

"Done," he says.

"Done."

He turns around to where is motorcycle is parked and gets on. "Oh, and Betty..."

I look at him.

"See you at school," he winks.

I roll my eyes as he drives away without another word.

"Betty! What the hell?!" Fangs yells.

"What's the worst that can happen? Seriously?" I ask them, turning around to face them.

"Jones always has something else in mind whenever he proposes his 'plans'" Sweetpea states.

"I know, I know," I sigh, "I'll have to tell the others later. But for right now, you keep your mouths shut. Understand?" I ask, pointing my finger at them.

"Betty-" Fangs starts.

"Understand?!"

They both sigh. "Yes."

"Good."

And with that, we walk back inside the bar as if nothing happened.

•••

"Everyone, listen up!" I yell from the stage of the Wyrm. This is on the right side of bar from where you walk in.

The bar falls quiet and everyone diverts their attention towards me.

"Earlier today, Jughead Jones proposed an offer to me," I start, "he wants to have a street race." The crowd begins to boo. I raise my hands up as a signal for them to shut up again. "I accepted his offer."

The bar stayed quiet for a few seconds before I was bombarded with questions along the lines of:

"Why would you accept his offer?!"