Flashback part 2 (electric boogaloo)

I enjoyed writing this.

Also there's 1 swear word in here, and it gets kinda dark. 

Mitch's POV (past)

I was still kinda nervous here. I mean sure, they took me in nearly 9 months ago, but they already had two sons.

What if they just decided I wasn't worth keeping anymore?

I got up, thoughts swirling in my head, once I heard my brothers rush down the stairs.

Brothers I thought as I grabbed some clothes to change into.

Is it okay if I think of them as brothers? Or would they think that's weird?

My thoughts drifted a bit as I made my way downstairs.

As I opened the door I saw Mo- Miss Searcher smile at her husband, who was making breakfast. David and Lucas were sitting at the table talking excitedly. They didn't seem to notice me yet.

Miss Searcher was very muscular lady with an odd reddish spiral seashell tattoo on her upper chest or lower neck, which she never covers up, and I knew for a fact she could carry, me, David, Lucas and Mister Searcher all at once.

I stopped in door, shuffling my feet wondering if I should disrupt this environment.

I was about to head back up, when Mister Searcher noticed me.

"Mitch! There you are, come on in, breakfast is ready." He smiled warmly at me.

I stepped in and sat on the chair he gestured at.

"Did y'all sleep well?" Miss Searcher asked us, me and her sons, sitting as well, resting her muscular arms on the table. 

Whilst David started telling her about a dream he had, Lucas mumbled in affirmation and I just nodded and stared at the table. Mister Searcher placed a plate of pancakes on the table and sat as well.

I hesitantly took one and started eating, tuning to what David was saying.

"... They didn't even need to breath! They were just swimming deeper and deeper and deeper, and they didn't have legs! They had fishtails! Mermaids! But they'd been human before!" He was waving his hands around.

"Mers sweetie. A mermaid is for a female, merman is for a male, and mers is for the group as a whole." Miss Searcher chided. She turned to her other son gasped mockingly, and said. "Lucas, that's far too much syrup! You're gonna drown your pancakes!"

Lucas just shrugged, putting the bottle down. "Maybe they're mermaid pancakes, and they can't drown." He mumbled, sticking his tongue out. "You don't know." He said as he cut a pancake and started chewing.

Mister Searcher rolled his eyes, and turned his attention to me. "Mitch you know you can have more than one if you want, kiddo." He smiled kindly at me, picking up the plate and offering it to me.

I hesitated wondering if it would be considered more rude for me to take another, or to refuse, but my hunger eventually won over and I grabbed another pancake.

"Thank you sir." I mumbled.

He continued looking at me, before closing his eyes and sighing, reaching over, I briefly panicked.

Was it a trick? Should I have refused?

But instead, he just ruffled my hair. "You know you don't have to call me that right? You're a part of this family, not an outsider." He said pulling his hand back.