Chapter 16

So yeah. This chapter a bit of a mess. I'm sorry. This whole story is a mess

Also, I've been getting some support from you guys, which is helping my confidence. Thank you!

Austin's POV

I woke quietly, looking around, as I felt a slight weight on my hand.

Looking down I saw it was only Bri, her hands resting on mine, a soft smile gracing her features. She was still asleep.

I smiled at her. She was always beautiful, but her beauty really shot through the roof when she was at peace.

"I would wake her, as we should get moving. But I get the distinct impression that she wouldn't appreciate that." I looked up at my friend. Colin was nervously rubbing his neck, looking at Bri.

I grinned and said. "Yeah, yeah I got it. Where's Jakey?" I asked, delicately moving my hand away, and brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"He left a bit ago. Said he was gonna scout out to make sure it was safe or something." Colin answered. "How you gonna wake her? I mean I know you're promised, but she still might rip you to shreds, just you know, in a nice way." He joked half heartily.

I hummed, gently nudging Bri, she groaned quietly "nooo"

She terrifies everyone in the city. And yet she's so adorable.

I nudged her again. She opened her eyes, and for a split second she glared at me, before it softened.

"Oh trident. Why does Prince Grumpy Gills want us to wake up so early?" She yawned, stretching a bit. Her promise mark seemed to be slightly glowing.

"We need to keep moving. We want to get this over with remember?"

She grumbled in agreement, and rose. Just as I did too I heard.

"Good, it's about time you're all up." I turned to see Jakey swim towards us. He was dragging some fish and kelp behind him.

"Hungry?" He asked, grabbing one of the fish himself.

As we dug in, he explain the plan to us.

Today and tomorrow we were going to to look at a canyon. The next day there's a few small islands that could be worth checking, and so on.

"Is that ok with everyone? You can stay behind if you want." He looked at us.

I was surprised when Bri was the first to answer.

"I'm fine with checking the canyon and coral reefs, but I'm not so sure about the islands. What if there are humans?"

Jakey merely shrugged. "Well if you don't want to check them out, that's fine. I get it, I mean, I think you're being ridiculous, but whatever. I really don't care." He said, finishing up his meal, and getting up.

"Let's go."

Lucas's POV

I yawned, and blinked in surprise. The sun was rising. This was surprising for two reasons.